LyondellBasell North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LyondellBasell North America Interview Questions

3.2

Environmental Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online, proceeded through a phone screening which seemed to be a formality, and had an onsite interview that seemed disinterested in my presence.
    Overall the site was disorganized, unprepared to conduct an interview, and unsure of what kind of candidate they wanted to hire. Upon arrival for my interview, I waited an hour in the lobby because no one told HR an interviewee was coming that day. HR never reviewed the company payscale, benefits, or hiring process. The department manager spent more time talking about the latest charity campaign and who would win the honor to fly their college Alma mater's flag on the site's flagpole then asking interview questions. The two one on one interviews were better, focused on confirming technical proficiency and work personality. The panel interview consisted of one "good cop", one "bad cop", and one completely disinterested participant. The most memorable aspect of the panel interview was the bad cop's "gotcha" question attempt and the disinterested participant's statement that the department manager would be making all decisions about the position, which seemed to explain his disinterest.
    No decision time frame was given, no response to inform whether the position was filled, and no response to my thank you note to even inform whether I was still under consideration.
    Overall, the process was an absolute waste of time, preparation, and effort that left me confused and eventually insulted by the company's rude and unprofessional behavior. They simply can't possibly be hiring top candidates with the disorganization of their hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What school did you attend?   1 Answer

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Clinton, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

Mostly behavior questions of what would you do in this situation. It's a panel interview with 4 people in the room taking turns asking questions. At the end of the interview they ask you why they should hire you in particular over any of the other interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us when u had to work as a team and how it benefited you?   Answer Question

R&D Pilot Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with department manager, phone call came on time and lasted approximately 30 minutes. Explained items on resume, discussed my qualifications and and the details of the position. Had previously interviewed in person at the HTC for another position. Offer came in 3 days.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Very nice folks following the typical corporate sponsored list of questions. They did break from it occasionally and feverishly wrote down my responses. They gave me a plant tour and I believe attempted to feel me out during that time. They seemed like a very nice bunch of folks and seemed to have a long history of success as a company.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to work over time?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Hired on through 3rd party, did their phone interview, then had a sit down/face to face interview with my current supervisor and their counterpart. Heard back from them within 5 days

Interview Questions

• Experience and how that translated into an asset for the company   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America in March 2014.

Interview

I went to a career fair that was provided through the universities career center with roughly 100 companies in attendance. Lyondell was present and I talked to them about what they did and gave them my resume. They gave me a call that night to set up an interview for the following day. The interview consisted of basic questions concerning teamwork situations and how to handle different changes to projects. They gave me a call about 2 and a half weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The toughest questions were the ones concerning some project changes that were implemented on one of the engineering design projects I was working on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

several managers will interview candidates for potential position. be careful of position being offered because it may evolve to another position that will doom career.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

inflexible

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in December 2011.

Interview

Terrible
    Hiring folks don't know where company is heading
    Very unprofessional in terms of explaining about company future
    Seems hiring panel themselves are frustrated

BEWARE,BEWARE,BEWARE of this company

horrible hiring folks
    lack of committment
    confused
    not consistent in theri opinion

I feel serious problem going on in this company
    I should not have accepted to travel to Houston for final round
    Please don't try this company if you have a safe job

LUCKILU, I did not accept as I have a safe n sound job with me

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

In this interview they asked me about some technical experiences, so describing specific processes and projects in my classes. They also asked me to name times when I was in a group and my role. Another question they asked was a time I made a process more efficient. It was an oncampus interview set up through our career services.

Consulting Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at LyondellBasell North America (Houston, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

HR was efficient in scheduling interviews with the hiring manager and corresponding team members. Interviews very professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation possible