Lyris Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great initial interview but was jerked around for months after that. Went in for second round interviews and no one knew who I was or what I was there for. I should have walked out the door then.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online to set up a phone interview. Something was wrong with my phone when we spoke and the call dropped five times and she was incredibly patient with me and the technical difficulties didn't have any sort of negative impact on my interview process. I went in for my first interview on December 9 and I met with two people in HR and the Executive Assistant -- I walked out of the interview feeling like I actually had fun (crazy, right?). I received an email later that day requesting that I come in for a second interview, which we scheduled for December 15 as my schedule was a little chaotic at the time.

During my second interview, I felt confident that things were going well, as my time with the COO/CFO and the CEO was relaxed and seemed much more about them getting to know me and agreeing that I was a good fit for the company than a repeat of the more technical questions regarding my experience that I had answered in the previous interview. I met briefly at the end with the Director of HR (who I was told would be my supervisor if I were hired) and she told me they would be in touch soon. I got a call from her the following day when she told me that they would like to hire me and asked if I could start the following day! (I was eager to start as quickly as possible, and as that date was December 17 they wanted me to have a few days in the office before the time off for Christmas and New Year's.)

The entire interview process took just a little over a week and I always felt like they were eager to bring me in and get me started. Definitely the best and most efficient interview process I've been through.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 7 people at once. With so many people in interview, and only 2 hours, most people hardly had a chance to ask more than 1 or 2 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. I told them what I could make elsewhere and they matched the base salary.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had a call from internal recruiter and was asked to come onsite. Then on my onsite, there was the CIO, 3 systems engineers, IT Director of prod, and even the CEO came in for 10-15 min. Everyone, askinge technical questions......then they made me an offer on the spot.....

Interview Questions

• How can you configure puppet automation to have separate environments for its modules? ( I.E. DEV/QA/PROD )   1 Answer

Director of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with 5 people who were directors or higher. Met with the hiring manager 3 times. I talked to a number of HR people on the phone. I like the office energy and buzz and the people I met. All in all the process was really efficient, I was happy with the speed of things despite the fact that I didn't get the offer I had wanted.

Interview Questions

• How to manage the balance of customer selling and relationship management.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to an online ad and was sent an automated email asking me to interview. A director called me on the date and time we agreed and asked me a few basic questions. The questions were focused on the experience I had, what I could do, etc. The interviewer was a "fill in" director for another and had a hard time answering my questions, and lacked any enthusiasm. I felt as though she interviewed all day had a standard question sheet and couldn't care less about the role. After the interview I followed up by phone email etc, and got an automated email stating the position was filled. After another week went buy received another invite to interview, but turned it down.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Application "got lost", there was a feeling of a poor process management from the start. Dates for interview were given and changed twice. Once there, waited ~ 30 min for the interviewers and the conference room to get available. Got a feeling that they were expecting a different candidate for a different position. Office and the neighborhood does not have free parking. Everybody inside seems super-busy, no eye contact. Office space with no windows,but, on a bright side, conference rooms are named after Will Ferrell movies.

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening. Follow up with one in house interview with panel of employees. Negotiation with HR on job details and salary. They got back to me with an offer quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you see that you could do to take ownership and raised the quality of this area? If you came here, here are the challenges we currently have. How would you address them? What is your approach in the past to solving these types of issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was short and sweet.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The process started off with a recruiter. Then a 1:1 with the CFO. I then had to do 4 skype interviews with the executive team, which 2 of them never showed and the other 2 ended up doing phone interviews. The team seemed very knowlegable and the company seems like one I could advance. 3 weeks I waited for an offer, after being told I was the top candidate. The offer finally came, however it was far below what we had discussed in the initial interview. They then told me the dynamics of the position had changed and I that I would have to interview with yet another executive. I spoke with him and he was unaware they were even hiring for the position. I waited another 2 weeks to hear a response. The CFO then contacted me and told me the the budget was tight, he didn't want to lay me off in a few months due to finances.

Interview Questions

For 5 weeks I waited for an offer, several emails and I even declined an offer that I had on the table. They seem to be very inexperienced. I read between the lines.

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

From the phone interview to the in-person interview, they sent mixed messages and were disorganized. The Field Marketing Manager was professional, insightful and cheery, but the Senior Marketing Programs Manager was abrupt, standoffish and impersonal, which made me leave with a really bad impression about the company. What I remember hearing was employees leaving, products that don't work/never gained traction, and being pigeonholed as an entry-level model. Sucks for them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that recently failed and explain why.   Answer Question