Lyris Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great initial interview but was jerked around for months after that. Went in for second round interviews and no one knew who I was or what I was there for. I should have walked out the door then.

Finance and Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process started with the recruiter contacting me, indicating the opportunity, and being very candid about the transition at the senior management level, underway since the new CEO joined in Aug 2010.
    From the initial communication with the recruiter, the recruiting team and interviewing team was clear about the challenges ahead. They were thorough and organized. It appeared that interviewers had been properly prepped and had clear and relevant questions. I found the experience reassuring. I would offer to future candidates that they read up on the new management team, and be prepared to ask direct and intelligent questions back to the interviewing team.

My perception of the people I met -- intelligent, dedicated, committed to changing the company to be a top place to work. The office and work culture is changing -- new leadership seems committed to create a high integrity, passionate and progressive workplace culture.

Interview Questions

• How connected are you to social media? Describe how you use social media in your professional life   1 Answer

Negotiation

Looking at the rest of the GlassDoor salary information, Lyris seems to be paying competitive wage. I'd recommend that candidates ask about the total compensation package -- salary, incentives, stock, and benefits, before beginning any negotiation.

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening. Follow up with one in house interview with panel of employees. Negotiation with HR on job details and salary. They got back to me with an offer quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you see that you could do to take ownership and raised the quality of this area? If you came here, here are the challenges we currently have. How would you address them? What is your approach in the past to solving these types of issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was short and sweet.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had a call from internal recruiter and was asked to come onsite. Then on my onsite, there was the CIO, 3 systems engineers, IT Director of prod, and even the CEO came in for 10-15 min. Everyone, askinge technical questions......then they made me an offer on the spot.....

Interview Questions

• How can you configure puppet automation to have separate environments for its modules? ( I.E. DEV/QA/PROD )   1 Answer

Director of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with 5 people who were directors or higher. Met with the hiring manager 3 times. I talked to a number of HR people on the phone. I like the office energy and buzz and the people I met. All in all the process was really efficient, I was happy with the speed of things despite the fact that I didn't get the offer I had wanted.

Interview Questions

• How to manage the balance of customer selling and relationship management.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Consisted of one phone screen, one in-person interview followed by an offer within couple of days. In-person interview lasted for about 4 hours. Was done by 2 folk QA Engineers in 1st round, 3 Dev Engineers in 2nd, and more random people in 3rd. Was very friendly, non-hostile, reasonably technical.

Interview Questions

• Standard QA questions + some programming skills, SQL,Unix, Automation   Answer Question

Field Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

From the phone interview to the in-person interview, they sent mixed messages and were disorganized. The Field Marketing Manager was professional, insightful and cheery, but the Senior Marketing Programs Manager was abrupt, standoffish and impersonal, which made me leave with a really bad impression about the company. What I remember hearing was employees leaving, products that don't work/never gained traction, and being pigeonholed as an entry-level model. Sucks for them.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that recently failed and explain why.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Oakland, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

It was good technical interview,could not answer some of the questions

Senior Manager Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2009.

Interview

Was referred in to interview when company was transiting to new management for a senior level position. Glimpse into management quality and practices provided by this interview sealed my decision to not pursue anything further with them. Questions being asked were meaningless and it was obvious that the 'management' team wasn't very seasoned. I curtailed the interview, told them the position was not going to map to what I was interested in and left.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the hundreds of other people out there qualified to do this job?   2 Answers
    • Please tell me how you'd design a campaign to capture the SMB market   3 Answers

Account Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen by HR was followed approx 3-4 weeks later by a phone interview with management. Was asked to come in for face-to-face meetings with several staff in two locations on the same day requiring travel of 50+ miles, followed by phone interview with offshore staff. Was then asked to return and meet with 3 additional staff members. Was asked to submit references which were checked. A verbal offer was made and accepted. A start date was agreed upon and I was advised that written offer would follow. The night before the agreed to start date I was informed that Sr. Mgmt had concerns and asked to submit a substantial amount of additional information. One week later I was told the concerns had not been resolved and the offer was rescinded.

Interview Questions

• Please provide retention rate of previous accounts   1 Answer