Lyris Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Simple interview for a simple job. Actually wrote code in IntelliJ. I liked that aspect of it. At least they didn't make you attempt to remember all the Java libraries you use.

Interview Questions

• Create a immutable Arraylist.   1 Answer
    • Can you still add values to that list now?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 7 people at once. With so many people in interview, and only 2 hours, most people hardly had a chance to ask more than 1 or 2 questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. I told them what I could make elsewhere and they matched the base salary.

Individual Contributor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview/Screening. Follow up with one in house interview with panel of employees. Negotiation with HR on job details and salary. They got back to me with an offer quickly.

Interview Questions

• What do you see that you could do to take ownership and raised the quality of this area? If you came here, here are the challenges we currently have. How would you address them? What is your approach in the past to solving these types of issues?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was short and sweet.

Linux Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Had a call from internal recruiter and was asked to come onsite. Then on my onsite, there was the CIO, 3 systems engineers, IT Director of prod, and even the CEO came in for 10-15 min. Everyone, askinge technical questions......then they made me an offer on the spot.....

Interview Questions

• How can you configure puppet automation to have separate environments for its modules? ( I.E. DEV/QA/PROD )   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter shortly after applying online to set up a phone interview. Something was wrong with my phone when we spoke and the call dropped five times and she was incredibly patient with me and the technical difficulties didn't have any sort of negative impact on my interview process. I went in for my first interview on December 9 and I met with two people in HR and the Executive Assistant -- I walked out of the interview feeling like I actually had fun (crazy, right?). I received an email later that day requesting that I come in for a second interview, which we scheduled for December 15 as my schedule was a little chaotic at the time.

During my second interview, I felt confident that things were going well, as my time with the COO/CFO and the CEO was relaxed and seemed much more about them getting to know me and agreeing that I was a good fit for the company than a repeat of the more technical questions regarding my experience that I had answered in the previous interview. I met briefly at the end with the Director of HR (who I was told would be my supervisor if I were hired) and she told me they would be in touch soon. I got a call from her the following day when she told me that they would like to hire me and asked if I could start the following day! (I was eager to start as quickly as possible, and as that date was December 17 they wanted me to have a few days in the office before the time off for Christmas and New Year's.)

The entire interview process took just a little over a week and I always felt like they were eager to bring me in and get me started. Definitely the best and most efficient interview process I've been through.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Had a great initial interview but was jerked around for months after that. Went in for second round interviews and no one knew who I was or what I was there for. I should have walked out the door then.

Director of Account Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I met with 5 people who were directors or higher. Met with the hiring manager 3 times. I talked to a number of HR people on the phone. I like the office energy and buzz and the people I met. All in all the process was really efficient, I was happy with the speed of things despite the fact that I didn't get the offer I had wanted.

Interview Questions

• How to manage the balance of customer selling and relationship management.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Consisted of one phone screen, one in-person interview followed by an offer within couple of days. In-person interview lasted for about 4 hours. Was done by 2 folk QA Engineers in 1st round, 3 Dev Engineers in 2nd, and more random people in 3rd. Was very friendly, non-hostile, reasonably technical.

Interview Questions

• Standard QA questions + some programming skills, SQL,Unix, Automation   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied to an online ad and was sent an automated email asking me to interview. A director called me on the date and time we agreed and asked me a few basic questions. The questions were focused on the experience I had, what I could do, etc. The interviewer was a "fill in" director for another and had a hard time answering my questions, and lacked any enthusiasm. I felt as though she interviewed all day had a standard question sheet and couldn't care less about the role. After the interview I followed up by phone email etc, and got an automated email stating the position was filled. After another week went buy received another invite to interview, but turned it down.

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lyris (Emeryville, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Application "got lost", there was a feeling of a poor process management from the start. Dates for interview were given and changed twice. Once there, waited ~ 30 min for the interviewers and the conference room to get available. Got a feeling that they were expecting a different candidate for a different position. Office and the neighborhood does not have free parking. Everybody inside seems super-busy, no eye contact. Office space with no windows,but, on a bright side, conference rooms are named after Will Ferrell movies.