Médecins Sans Frontières Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Médecins Sans Frontières Interview Questions

Interviews at Médecins Sans Frontières

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter for the intern position. I was informed in a week that I am invited for an onsite interview with them. The interview was about 30-40 mins. I was sure after the interview that I would be selected. They informed that I had got the offer in a week. There were 3 people from my team who interviewed me and they asked me questions mainly about my Resume and some technical related questions based on what I had put on my resume. They explained me what the job role was and they were open to answer any questions. Overall, I had a very positive experience. The employees in the company are mission-driven and really passionate about their work.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can contribute to MSF ? What is the one thing that makes you stand apart from other candidates that have applied for this position? And some technical questions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY).

Interview

Engaging. They are seeking out great applicants. You definitely need a foot in the door with a contact that knows someone in the company and they should make it more clear exactly when they are hitting for specific positions, because it is a little ambiguous. Typical interview process and questions depending on the specific job.

Interview Questions

• How my values align with the company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview - Brief
    Writing Assessment
    Persistent with follow up emails
    Apply to multiple positions - no limit on # you can apply to
    general consensus at MSF is that many people apply many times before attaining a job/ internship

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are the large problems in global health? What are the limits to Universal Health Coverage? Which Initiatives of MSF are you most interested in? What draws you to MSF based on its mission statement?   Answer Question

Major Gifts Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The HR team is very pleasant, though like all companies a bit slow to respond throughout the process. The interviews were set up as calls and were scheduled within a week or so of the initial outreach. The panel interview was rushed and not as engaging as I thought it would be. Questions related to the skill sets of the job weren't even touched upon. It was easy to see that they most likely only held interviews with additional candidates outside of the organization to quell any suggestions of nepotism.

The recommendation for anyone applying with MSF is that they seem to rarely hire any candidates outside their organization. This is one of several instances known to me where this has been the case. While it is admirable that they invest in their employees, it is disheartening to candidates that align well and are fit for the roles but aren't given an opportunity because of a desire to hire from within.

I still highly respect this organization and many of its employees. However, this story seems to be similar to many others, including others I have spoken with that have experienced this same process.

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a team?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I sent in a resume and cover letter a little before the application deadline. It took almost a month for me to hear anything. Then, I got an email from the current intern asking me to come in for an interview or to schedule a Google hangout if I was not located in NYC. Later that day they called me and offered me the job! I started the next week.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to organize and keep track of the work you need to do at your current internship?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a problem and had to solve it while making as minimal errors as possible.   Answer Question
    • Resume-specific questions.   Answer Question

Field Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières.

Interview

First you file your Application - then you get a brief phone interview - then you have to do a case study on program mgt for example - then an in person interview that lasts about 1.5 hours - then get invited for a 3 day training - then get added to the pool

Interview Questions

• What are the top 3 things you want to get out of this experience?   Answer Question
    • Has any of your personality traits ever created a strain between you and your team?   Answer Question
    • What do you expect from this experience?   Answer Question

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

About a month after I submitted the application, I was emailed & asked to come into the office for an interview. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously for about an hour. Very standard questions about my experience and relevant skills. The people interviewing me were friendly. I was then emailed to be told I made it to the next round and was given a writing assignment I had 2 days to complete.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Medical Doctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

They called me for phone screening after a month of my application, It was 30min interview. Then I was scheduled for in person interview in New york. After that, I was accepted and was called for informational day where they give you though discussion of what to expect with msf, how to deal in times of security compromises, hr introductions, case senarious...etc

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose MSF? Tell us about your self? How do you deal in stressful environments?   1 Answer

Human Resources Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Three round interview, including pre-interview questionnaire, phone and in-person interview. It was fairly straightforward and timely. Very pointed questions relating to my resume and how my skills would apply to the job I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions, Questions included Why MSF? Why this position? How important nonpartisanship is to you   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied for position online, heard back for an interview 2 weeks later. Completed a panel interview in the office, interviewers were very friendly. Heard back from HR one week after that I did not make to the second round of interviews and the policy analysis exercise which would come next, likely because I did not meet their preferred level of work experience.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself; Why do you think you're the best candidate for this position? What do you think are the biggest issues facing this organization? Describe a time you dealt with a challenge in the workplace and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question