Médecins Sans Frontières Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 3, 2017

2.7

Communications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

About a month after I submitted the application, I was emailed & asked to come into the office for an interview. I was interviewed by two people simultaneously for about an hour. Very standard questions about my experience and relevant skills. The people interviewing me were friendly. I was then emailed to be told I made it to the next round and was given a writing assignment I had 2 days to complete.

Medical Doctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

They called me for phone screening after a month of my application, It was 30min interview. Then I was scheduled for in person interview in New york. After that, I was accepted and was called for informational day where they give you though discussion of what to expect with msf, how to deal in times of security compromises, hr introductions, case senarious...etc

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose MSF? Tell us about your self? How do you deal in stressful environments?   1 Answer

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Geneva (Switzerland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Rapid answer and planning of the interview - they accepted to see me on Skype instead of IRL because I was not able to go to their office.
    The interview felt like a discussion about myself, my experience and my expectations of the position. It was casual, nice, informal. Very nice and open people, who immediately made me felt like I could be part of their team!

Advocacy Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a 90 minute written test related to the job being applied to. Mainly exhibits your decision-making, strategy, knowledge on the profession and local knowledge. A Skype panel interview follows after a week.

Field Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Submitted application and received an email requesting a short 15 min phone interview 9 days later. Phone interview lasted 17 min. As my French was not good enough "to lead a team", their need for someone with my qualifications dropped by 50%. Next step included being forwarded some online tests which I have ~10 days to complete (not submitted yet). Depending on the results, I may be asked to participate in a longer, Skype interview.

Interview Questions

• Why MSF? What are your expectations in the field? Is your French good enough to manage a team? What's your availability?   Answer Question

Logistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Athens (Greece)) in November 2016.

Interview

1 month in total due to delays from both sides . Very positive experience and msf staff was very kind on helping me identify my pros and cons as a professional and which areas i have to improve .

Interview Questions

• How you manage stress - difficulties from past working life   Answer Question

Human Resource & Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Nairobi (Kenya)) in August 2015.

Interview

There was a lot of questions from the panel but they needed to know if you are best fit for the position. It took about one hour and fourty five minutes. The questions were fair and they were patient when the answers were given. They allowed one to give practical examples.

Medical Research Ntern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Geneva (Switzerland)) in August 2015.

Interview

very easy - asked about my interest in MSF and health. General behavioral questions were asked too. Must be able to talk about MSF's values and know a lot about general NGO work.

Communication Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Médecins Sans Frontières (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

pretty straight forward and asked about what I learnt in university. what kind of skills do i have. how many days i could contribute. Some brief self-introduction. Why apply for this intern and why do i chose a NGO.

Interview Questions

Interview

only 1 round standard interview in front of 2 managers, casual chatting, asking about background, belief, understanding toward the organization.

Interview Questions

• are u familiar with e-commerce?   1 Answer