M. A. Mortenson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M. A. Mortenson Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Project Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson in October 2016.

Interview

They flew me and a hand full of other applicants out to Minneapolis the night before the interview. The recruiters presented an overview of the company and the benefits. That afternoon, a get to know you party was held rotor us to meet the employees and potential interviewers. They put us up in a nice hotel that night and we interviewed first thing in the morning. There are 3 rounds of interviews, and each interviewer is from a different team. They each lasted about 45 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Austin, TX).

Interview

I got a call from the company after visiting them at a career fair. I went in the next day for the interview and they just asked simple behavioral questions. The interviewer was chatty and created a relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What was an obstacle you overcame?
      Tell me about a time you organized an event or something to celebrate someone else's accomplishments.

Integrated Construction Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson.

Interview

HR asked me to apply online since my profile connected to their Linkedin recruiting database.

I applied, had a pleasant initial phone screen with HR, another screen with technical staff from HQ, personality/math/English test. I asked to meet in person out-of pocket. They offered to expense my flight to meet the project team at the construction site. Panel of 4 in person, and I am very thankful for the opportunity. No offer yet.

Interview Questions

• May you travel/relocate, what is your salary expectation, what sort of tools are you familiar with, are you able to conduct software training, and how do you see yourself fitting in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

Went to their headquarters in Minneapolis Minnesota. First day was a travel and 101 information session. In this they had senior management up in front for us to ask questions about the company. Then they had some mid level staff probably like 7-8 years at the company for us to ask questions then lastly we talked to new hires.

Interview Questions

• Where in the country do you find yourself after school?   1 Answer

Project Manager I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Kirkland, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Painful. Multiple rounds with many different people. Came into the office on four different occasions and had to take a personality test. Ultimately got an offer, but not worth it.

Interview Questions

• unstructured and highly varied, depending upon who you talk to.   1 Answer

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process was as follows...
    1. Phone interview with the Minneapolis HR group
    2. Phone interview with the Chicago Marketing Manager
    3. In-person interview with the Chicago Marketing group
    4. In-Design & Writing tests

Interview Questions

• What is your proficiency in InDesign? Have you ever led the proposal process before? What is your experience working on a team? What would you say your weaknesses are?

Questions were primarily about experience.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase (which i regret).

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Application

I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson in October 2015.

Interview

On site, two engineer interviewed me behavior questions. They are not away from school too long so that they are very good to communicate with. They got a paper with all questions needed to be asked and will take notes individually when you are talking. Total interview time is limited as 30 minutes exactly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you overcome a difficult time/difficulty
      Why you want to be a electrical engineer?

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Rexburg, ID) in October 2015.

Interview

I found out about M. A. Mortenson through school, I went to two information sessions, and talked with them at a career fair. After submitting my resume I got an interview the next day and they called me about a month later for an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Provo, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

If you do an internship with Mortenson they consider that your interview. They base your consideration for full-time employment on your mentor's review of your 12 week internship. In the interview for the internship, they ask you a number of questions about your resume, and then a few other questions about solutions to certain scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you dealt with adversity from a coworker? How did you handle the situation successfully?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rexburg, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M. A. Mortenson (Rexburg, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

It was pretty basic, it was a one-on-one interview. I applied at a career fair that was being held at my college, all I had to do was just sign up for an interview. I gave the guy my resume at the career fair and I got a call that day to set up a time.

Interview Questions

• When in a leadership position, how do I handle disputes.   Answer Question