M.C. Dean, Inc. Interview Questions in Dulles, VA | Glassdoor

2.6

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was a two day recruiting event and they paid to have us stay at a hotel. The first day they just talked about the different positions and sections of the company. Then we had a mixer at a bar and got to meet the department leaders. The second day we were given 4-6 15 minute interviews.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA).

Interview

The process was very informal. Talked to 7 different managers; only 4 still work for the company. There was no interview schedule. It appeared most of the people I talked that day did not expect to be participating in an interview. This was my first clue how poorly managed this company really is.

Electrician Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview was a great process and the interview was a nice guy. he let me know the I had the job right away I signed the paper work and he let me go

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the group manager - pretty informal. He is a straight shooter --- went through my resume', then asked a few non-technical questions outside of my resume'. My recruiter was pretty cool - took me to lunch before my main interview.

Logis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Incomplete and somewhat bizarre as it drifted toward issues that were personal and not really relevant to employment. My personal background was really not important to the position. Being a band member in the pop culture or my sexual persuasion should not be a topic of discussion.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

Slow, confusing, disorganized. Interviewer did not seem to know much about the position I was applying for, could not answer questions, didn't even know the location of the project. Process was slow, they asked for the same information more than once. I had to call them to check on the status, which prompted them to then continue the process. All in all, was a confusing and disorganized process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, I knew what the position would pay

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Firm is notoriously picky about candidates, but interview process itself was standard. One could not ask enough questions about how well the firm operates internally to get insight into how well (or not) it really functions on the inside.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected question but rather false description of firm as united, when in fact it was (at the time) highly divided and political. Once hired, the firm proved a particularly difficult environment in which to work, survivable only thanks to many hard-working, ethical employees   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly standard

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M.C. Dean, Inc. (Dulles, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

When responding to the ad for the job I received an email and contact person to call and/or email for an appointment. I emailed and followed up with a phone call only to find out this "interview" was actually a skills test. Glad I didn't show up in a suit to bend conduit!!! The process was slow and about 18 people at the skills test took a total of six hours to process and I was next to last. Arrived at 0800 left at 1350 hours. Next I was referred to a real interview where I was told to show up on time at 0600 at the Dulles, VA location. Most of the same people that were at the skills test were at this interview. Arrived at 0600 with an hour plus drive and again waited until 0900 to actually interview with Mickey Dent. His concern was with what models of equipment I had used in bending conduit. He was fixated on these model numbers and since I know how to use the equipment but did not have the model numbers committed to memory I guess I was not qualified. I was told they did a lot of pipe work and pulled a lot of wire so I can only surmise that they were looking for pipe benders and wire pullers. Not very technical work although thoroughly necessary in construction. When asked if I had any questions for the interviewer I asked how many years the average employee has remained with the company? Ans: 10 years. Why does the employee remain with the company? Ans: Because we treat them right. Next I asked how does the company balance an employee's personal life with the deadline on a project. Ans: If you want to be with your family, have your weekends off and work a 40 hour week you will never advance in this company. [Subliminal Answer: We work you as hard as we want and maybe you’ll get thrown a bone someday.] My feeling was so long as the employee works all the overtime required the employee was worthy of promotion and if you want to have some quality time with your family you weren't worth much as a potential employee. I see nothing wrong with working overtime, but to be a slave to the company to fulfill their project goals while neglecting your own family is not my idea of skilled professional employment. So my impression was that he did not care one bit about my expertise except for knowing what models the pipe bending equipment I worked with were. As an aside I have been a professional electrician for over 40 years, have three state electrical contractors licenses and have run work on projects up to 1.5 million dollars, run two businesses and worked on generators, residential and commercial electrical services, building wiring systems from ground breaking to finished wiring, fire alarms, security, environmental controls, building automation, communications. Overall the entire process did not impress me as they advertised the first “interview” was actually a skills test that was not revealed in the advertisement and only discovered after contacting the person by telephone. Last the actual interview was conducted on a Saturday with a reporting time of 0600, then you were made to wait hours to actually interview with the decision maker. Both processes should have been arranged in 20 or 30 minute increments allowing for orderly processing of people instead of having them wait around for hours for the convenience of the company. This tells me that the company is not organized, at least on the “interview” processing end and a bit rude and arrogant toward potential employees. Overall I don’t think I would have gone to work for them after the process I went through and this “interview” process treated people in unprofessional manner. Didn’t get an offer but then again when you ask for more money per hour than they are willing to pay I guess the “interview” is over!!!

Interview Questions

• What were the model numbers of the pipe bending equipment you have used?   1 Answer