M+W Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M+W Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.4

CAD CSA Interview

Interview

I was employed through an agent. The interview was very relaxed and they offered me the job on the spot.The two people that interviewed me couldn't have been any nicer. I offered to show my extensive portfolio but they said no need when could I start. I started within a week.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't one really.I was asked could I do P&ID's and work for a discipline but I actually ended up helping out several disciplines to make sure we met the deadline.   Answer Question

C&Q Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Only an interview with HR and manager with the typical questions. I also had to speak in different languages during the interview. The interview was no longer than 45 minutes and it was in the building itself. I also had the opportunity to meet some employees that day and was able to see how the work environment is when you are not working in the customer environment.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at M+W Group (Chennai (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

you will be called for interview and then told that the interviewer is busy and made to wait. after waiting for 5 hours you will be told to tell some other day. then hr will forget about you and when you call 20 times they will answer your phone.
    if you finally manage to get an interview and clear it, hr will take ateast 2-3 months just to send offer letter.

Interview Questions

• what is your work experience   1 Answer

Process Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at M+W Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

contacted someone who worked at the company through LinkedIn. Sent him my resume. After 3 telephone interviews and a few emails, I didn't hear anything and was quite dejected. Then one evening I got a phone call asking if I had gotten their offer package. I was shocked. The only downside to the whole thing was that I had to pull together a cross-country move in less than 2 weeks. Unfortunately, my spouse had to return to our hometown to sell our house.

Negotiation

Should have negotiated the relocation better.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group in March 2012.

Interview

There was one face-to-face interview then the hiring decision was made. It was about six weeks from interview to offer and about two weeks from offer to start date. Although there were three people in three different states involved in the hiring process, it went fairly smoothly. The hiring manager was in the Phoenix, Arizona office. The HR person who put the offer together was in the Plano, Texas office. The HR person I spoke with for salary negotiation was in the San Francisco, California office.

Interview Questions

• You are in charge of designing a new silane system at a client's site; what questions would you ask the client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

After I received the offer, I asked that the salary be increased by 3% which the company agreed to. I should have asked for even more to find and get paid the company's upper limit for me in my position.

Electrical Engineer MEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Des Moines, IA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview (30mins)
    Skype interview (2hrs)

Met them at the career fair and scheduled a phone interview later that day. After the phone interview I had a Skype interview with some of the members at their Phoenix office. Basic process. In the field of consulting, they want to make sure you are personable and can work in a team. They help teach you how the business works and the ins and out. I declined the offer because I got an offer from another company.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a somewhat short phone interview where the recruiter just asked about my current job and abilities then scheduled an in person interview. Then I had an in person interview which was pretty easy, no questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. It was with who would have been my direct boss and his boss so they were more straight to the point about the job and asking about my qualifications. It went well but after they were done interviewing the job was put on hold for now so I had to move on.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

they asked a lot of questions questions about my resume, most of them are easy questions. met with a few team members. they were friendly, and showed me around the office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Very informal. I contacted a friend who was already employed at the company and he provided me with a name of the engineer. I contacted the engineer and we setup a time to meet during lunch. Met with the engineer and his immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What previous projects and responsibilities did I have at my previous employer.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M+W Group in March 2012.

Interview

Initial phone call from Recruiter. She lined up the interview with the company HR manager on the project. Met with the HR manager and project manager. Got a offer 2-3 days later. Quick background check and drug test turn around. Started the Following week.