M+W Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M+W Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2017

2.4

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M+W Group (Stuttgart (Germany)) in July 2017.

Interview

After I had put in my resume, it took more than a month before a telephone interview was conducted. A follow-up live interview in Stuttgart took place approximately 2 month after the initial contact. Both interviews were with the same people, 1x HR and 1x senior engineer. There was one nasty question during the telephone interview, the interview in the office was okay and not very challenging. One comment from HR during the interview was that if employees are critical with regard to the company currently, it's all about the change to the matrix organization. I doubt that this is the only problem the company has. They never managed to get back to me as promised and from other comments here on Glassdoor I know that I'm not the only one. This demonstrates a poor attitude towards job seekers.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Applied via an agency, as M+W have limited recruitment capability given their existing HR generalist model. Phone interview with the hiring manager was followed by Skype one with a superior and then a final F2F. Offer came after a few days.

Tool Install Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at M+W Group (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Well organized, Management was prepared, they had read my resume and had a good understanding of it.
    Went through their internal Temp Agency.
    submitted resume, and had an interview appointment within a few weeks.
    Interviewers were clear and precise on what they wanted but vague on exactly what I would be doing trying to keep their client secrets.

Interview Questions

• How familiar/capable are you with Autocad?
      How do you perform under pressure and high volume and continuous changes?
      How adaptable are you with changing work as well as schedules?   1 Answer

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at M+W Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Rigourous collaborative, interviewed with all leadership, prepared a presentation of my vision for my role, telephone and face to face interviews. HR process was dodgey, onboarding was spotty and uncoordinated

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Very informal. I contacted a friend who was already employed at the company and he provided me with a name of the engineer. I contacted the engineer and we setup a time to meet during lunch. Met with the engineer and his immediate supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What previous projects and responsibilities did I have at my previous employer.   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2014.

Interview

they asked a lot of questions questions about my resume, most of them are easy questions. met with a few team members. they were friendly, and showed me around the office.

Cost Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a somewhat short phone interview where the recruiter just asked about my current job and abilities then scheduled an in person interview. Then I had an in person interview which was pretty easy, no questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. It was with who would have been my direct boss and his boss so they were more straight to the point about the job and asking about my qualifications. It went well but after they were done interviewing the job was put on hold for now so I had to move on.

Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at M+W Group (Chennai (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

you will be called for interview and then told that the interviewer is busy and made to wait. after waiting for 5 hours you will be told to tell some other day. then hr will forget about you and when you call 20 times they will answer your phone.
    if you finally manage to get an interview and clear it, hr will take ateast 2-3 months just to send offer letter.

Interview Questions

• what is your work experience   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M+W Group (Stuttgart (Germany)).

Interview

Gesprächsstart etwas verspätet. Vorherige Auseinandersetzung der Personaler mit dem Bewerber war nur grob gegeben. Beide Seiten berichteten etwas aus ihrem Leben, Arbeitsalltag. Einzelne Stationen waren näher zu erläutern, wenn sie für die Stelle von Relevanz waren. Die vorgesehene Tätigkeit wurde genauer beschrieben und das Interesse des Bewerbers geprüft.
    Insgesamt offene Gesprächsatmosphäre.

Interview Questions

• Vita erläutern, Erfahrungen schildern   1 Answer

Negotiation

Da es sich um eine Praktikumsstelle handelte, gab es nicht viel zu verhandeln.

C&Q Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M+W Group.

Interview

Only an interview with HR and manager with the typical questions. I also had to speak in different languages during the interview. The interview was no longer than 45 minutes and it was in the building itself. I also had the opportunity to meet some employees that day and was able to see how the work environment is when you are not working in the customer environment.