M&C Saatchi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 24, 2016

2.8

Assistant Media Planner/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Two step interview. First one was very short, went over the details of the job, was asked about my experience.

Second interview was more in depth. Talked with two individuals and then had to take and excel proficiency test on Pivot Tables and basic knowledge of formulas.

Had to wait only a few days before hearing back from them with their final decision.

Overall an easy process.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

It was rather easy, I mailed the CCO directly. Took quite some time to get a reply, but we did a google hangout and just had a casual conversation about what I did. Talked about some of my projects. Talked about how I could fit in at the agency and what was expected of me. Then we had a second interview where we talked about salary and visa requirements.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi.

Interview

Split into two halves. The first was pretty gentle and just trying to get an impression of the candidate's personality, no real wrong answers here just trying to establish that the person is a decent fit. The second was industry-related, so lots of questions about current ads, what I liked and didn't, then at the end I had to do a pretend client pitch on a poster to another candidate. Overall was pretty rigorous but fairly straightforward, no real curveballs. The two interviewers seemed almost like a good cop/ bad cop pairing but this may not have been intentional

Interview Questions

• Asked me to talk about an ad I'd seen that day and which Xmas ads I'd liked   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Firstly had to submit online application with some not-so-generic questions. Then the interview was split into 4 quarters; 1) Personal questions 2) Job-specific questions 3) Joined with another interviewee and asked to review campaigns 4) Pitching

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

An online application followed by a interview in person at their london offices. Interview in two parts - the first part you have a chat with an interviewer 1on1 - they just want to get to know you. The second part you are shown adverts and asked to comment on them. This often happens with another interviewee present as well. After this you go to an assessment day.

Strategic Planner Interview

Interview

After a lot of phone calls, finally got through for an interview.
    Very scrutinizing interview; they really wanted to provoke my critical thought and insight in order to elicit a proper response.

Interview Questions

• They asked why one of their most successful campaigns worked   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was set up through a head hunter, and she managed all of the communications between the agency & I. There were three interviews; first with the business director, and then a further two with account directors. They were less like interviews, more like a friendly chat. All the people I spoke to were very friendly. The office felt buzzy & vibrant.

Interview Questions

• This was an interview for quite a junior role, so the questions weren't too technical. That said it's important to be able to talk fluently about advertising; favourite campaigns, trends in the category etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty tough - I tried to increase the amount offered & got a 'do they want the job or not?' response. After my headhunter approached them again, they then agreed to a small raise following my first 3 months.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

2 face to face interviews - no projects or tests

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions - just talked about experience, past clients, expectations to existing clients   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - salary was what I expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (London, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

My interview chipped her tooth so couldn't turn up. The replacement hadn't properly read my CV. He thought I was applying for an analytical/spreadsheets kind of internship so was surprised by my Humanities focused CV...

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at M&C Saatchi (Sydney (Australia)) in June 2010.

Interview

Hiring and interview - quite pleasant process. Try to ask as high as salary as possible at the beginning. Because you can forget about pay rise once you get the job. The annual pay review process is really bad and most of us won't get a pay rise no matter how good you are.