M&T Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Bank Teller Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Shrewsbury, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Shrewsbury, PA).

Interview

First, there are the online tests you have to take, which are common sense and extremely easy. Then there was a phone interview where they basically just go over your resume and ask about your availability. Ten minutes long tops. Then the actually interview I was only asked three questions and it lasted about 10 minutes and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was my least favorite job and my favorite job? Are you comfortable selling and persuading people to try new products and services?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Williamsville, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application process is straight forward; phone interview with HR rep, follow-up interview on site with potential manager. Standard questions about goals, work ethic, previous customer service experience. It was challenging and frustrating to schedule the second interview. Hard to get voice mails and emails returned from HR department though others were more responsive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Rochester, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, recieved a phone call to set up a phone interview that week. After the phone interview i was given an interview with a branch manager. The offer came weeks after the interview. Definitely call the recruiter (who gave you the phone interview) and follow up after your in-person interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really any negotiation, I dont have any relevant experience. Typically will be 10-11 dollars an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Newark, DE).

Interview

hiring process was fairly easy. Applied online, maybe the next day or day after recieved a phone call to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was quick, asking few questions about availablity and job experience. Then an interview with the branch manager. Lots of questions going over all aspects of the job, then told someone would be in contact with me. Offered the position about 5 days later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly easy interview. Wasn't too prepared but managed to get by.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked questions about my education and how my experience would help me in the position at hand.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank in November 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview, then in person. Even when you already work for the bank, HR and recruiters conduct a phone interview first. Very polite. Well structured. Your typical interview process really.

Interview Questions

• What are some examples of your sales experience?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when there was conflict between you and a coworker, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you gave a customer excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Gaithersburg, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

i was interviewed by management ( 2). The interview was to know mote about skills required and some situational questions.you have to state the situation , what task did you have to do and what was the outcome . It took me about 45 minutes for the interview. I was also ask if I can work from one branch to another.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to use your customer service skills ?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank in September 2011.

Interview

Great interview, very welcoming and open. Employer wants to find your strengths and help you to grow in them. Also test your knowledge of the company and what truly peaked your interest about working there.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in August 2010.

Interview

First I applied online and a week later a recruiter called me for a phone interview. The same day the recruiter assistant called me to discuss a face to face interview. A week later I did my face to face with the regional manger at the branch I was to work. Normally you would meet with the branch manger but she was out sick. During the interview she asked about my past work experience and why I chose M&T. Then about another week later I had to call the recruiter myself to get an update she claimed she was about to call me they offered me the job she forwarded an official offer letter and drug test screening and background/credit check papers I electronically sign those and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you have previous experience with dealing with large sum of money?   1 Answer

Negotiation

What they offered was good so no need for negotiation.

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Applied through online application. I got a phone call from HR after about 10 days to schedule a phone interview. Then I was invited to a 2-1 interview in a branch that I will be working when I am hired. After this interview, I got a phone call from HR the following day to schedule another interview in a different branch. I had the interview few days later and I got the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when there was a problem with your coworker and how you ressolved it.   Answer Question