M&T Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Rockville, MD).

Interview

Application takes at least three weeks to process. Phone interview with HR, then 2 hours of 1-1 or 2-1 interviews with Senior Leadership. Many interviewers asked the same questions, and follow-up was required to determine where the application process was in progress.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest assets and flaws   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (York, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online 03/29/2017 and had a phone interview request 04/04/2017. Phone interview was easy, pleasant interviewer, and I was asked for an in person next day. After asking some questions about pay-rate, HR representative contacted the branch manager and confirmed that if offered the job, I would still be able to make a wage I find acceptable. In person went swimmingly. The manager was pleasant and friendly. She didn't make me feel pressured to answer right away, if I needed a minute to mix up an example.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you offered someone something, they declined, and then had to persuade them/offer them something else   1 Answer
    • How long have you been in banking?   Answer Question
    • What do you do in your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you felt you went above and beyond for a client.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Westfield, NJ).

Interview

Had 2 interviews. The phone interview with the HR representative went great, super friendly woman. The in person interview with the branch manager didn't go so well. She was unprepared and had nothing good to say about the company. Sounded like she didn't want me to work there. Told me how there was a high turnover with employees and how the sales goals were high. Also asked me if I was okay working every saturday. After meeting with her I was not convinced that this would be the best fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      How do you feel about making phone calls?
      How do you feel about going on business calls?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

This was the most unprofessional place I have ever interviewed at for a job. They tell you they want to interview you and set up a call. That person said lets move forward and arranged another phone interview and a face to face meeting . The phone interview never happened because he never called. HR says oh sorry we don't know what happened. Went to the face to face interview and sat in the conference room for 15 minutes only to be told it had been cancelled had had to be rescheduled. Red flags all over the place . I can't begin to tell you how rude these people were and in the end pretty gutless.

Interview Questions

• How do you react to a stressful situation   1 Answer

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview from Hr. Followed by a face to face with the Branch Manager. Then I received an offer. Process was very simple and the HR rep was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process from beginning to end, but worth the wait. The actual interviews (internal) were just three sessions with multiple people. My offer came a little over 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you be a brand ambassador for the bank?   Answer Question
    • What leadership experience do you bring with you?   Answer Question
    • How would you balance your time at your home branch and the time outside of the branch for training?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple and standard. Make sure you do your homework on the company though! The entire process took 3 weeks from applying to accepting the job offer.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Long day with 6 interviews. Didn't feel like sending 6 thank you follow ups, didn't get an offer. I think I might have had I thanked them, but I wasn't enthusiastic about the older people I met there. Most of the interviewers were awkward, and a few people seemed unprepared (one guy super unprepared).

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral questions- all started with "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Phone interview initially, then scheduled to meet with three managers in one day, scheduled for one and a half hours, took over two hours, lots of in depth questions about yourself and your understanding of the job. Took almost two and a half months between interview and start date. After initial interview it three weeks for an offer plus, one additional week with offer negotiations.

Relationship Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online on February 22, 2016. Got a call from them on Feb 28 to schedule a phone interview which was scheduled for March 7th. Phone interview lasted 5 Minutes (Just basic Questions and really simple. The interviewer was really nice) She scheduled me for an In-person interview with the Branch manager on March 14th. After the in-person Interview.. I am still under consideration and waiting for the decision. I just wish the process was a little quicker... Its been almost 6 weeks since I first applied. Hopefully I hear from them soon.Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Interview Questions

• How are you with Telephone Sales?
      What do you know about M&T?
      What did you do at your previous work place?
      Tell us about yourself..   Answer Question