M&T Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2017

2.5

Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview from Hr. Followed by a face to face with the Branch Manager. Then I received an offer. Process was very simple and the HR rep was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself.   1 Answer

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process from beginning to end, but worth the wait. The actual interviews (internal) were just three sessions with multiple people. My offer came a little over 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you be a brand ambassador for the bank?   Answer Question
    • What leadership experience do you bring with you?   Answer Question
    • How would you balance your time at your home branch and the time outside of the branch for training?   Answer Question

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Only had the 1st round on campus interview. Will have the on-site interview next week. The on-campus interview was very easy. It wasn't even behavioral interview questions, but more like fit questions. Basically say things that make you sound positive. For some reason, M&T like asking questions relating to school/college career. Like why you pick this school,etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a good leadership style is like?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Interview process was relatively simple and standard. Make sure you do your homework on the company though! The entire process took 3 weeks from applying to accepting the job offer.

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Long day with 6 interviews. Didn't feel like sending 6 thank you follow ups, didn't get an offer. I think I might have had I thanked them, but I wasn't enthusiastic about the older people I met there. Most of the interviewers were awkward, and a few people seemed unprepared (one guy super unprepared).

Interview Questions

• Very basic behavioral questions- all started with "tell me about yourself"   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Phone interview initially, then scheduled to meet with three managers in one day, scheduled for one and a half hours, took over two hours, lots of in depth questions about yourself and your understanding of the job. Took almost two and a half months between interview and start date. After initial interview it three weeks for an offer plus, one additional week with offer negotiations.

Relationship Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online on February 22, 2016. Got a call from them on Feb 28 to schedule a phone interview which was scheduled for March 7th. Phone interview lasted 5 Minutes (Just basic Questions and really simple. The interviewer was really nice) She scheduled me for an In-person interview with the Branch manager on March 14th. After the in-person Interview.. I am still under consideration and waiting for the decision. I just wish the process was a little quicker... Its been almost 6 weeks since I first applied. Hopefully I hear from them soon.Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Interview Questions

• How are you with Telephone Sales?
      What do you know about M&T?
      What did you do at your previous work place?
      Tell us about yourself..   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, the process took one week. i was contacted by a hr representative and a phone interview was scheduled. The phone interview war straight forward, I was asked why i chose M&T, to give a time where I went above and beyond, etc. She said that i will be contacted in two days for the next step, it has been over two weeks now and I haven't heard anything

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the right fit for the position?   Answer Question

Sales Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank in February 2017.

Interview

Overall a good experience. Phone screening went smoothly and like a conversation rather than a robotic interview. Only question that threw me off was when the interviewer asked how much I was looking to be paid.

Commercial Banking Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 different phone interviews that last no longer than 20mins each. The questions asked were pretty easy and straight forward. I did not have to go into the office to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team atmosphere and name a time where you had an issue with a team member and how you came to a solution?   1 Answer