M&T Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

2.5

Interview

Applied online 5/25/16
    Phone interview 5/27/16
    F2F interview 6/2/16
    Job Offer 6/2/16

The whole process was easy going and fantastic. Online application filled out. I received an email thanking me for my application. I received a phone call 2 days later for a phone interview that went well. About 20 mins long with some behavioral questions and going over my resume. Then the F2F interview lasted about an hour. I interviewed 2 days later with the hiring manager and manager of the whole department. I was called later in the day with a job offer. The only reason I declined was due to a job I was offered that was providing more money.

Not enough money.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online a week after I received a phone call and an email from HR asking to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled for the next day. The woman on the phone was very nice. We went over my resume and she asked some behavioral questions, the phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She told me I was going to be contacted by a manager to schedule a face to face interview asap. Well 3 weeks later I received an email saying that the position has been cancelled due to some change in department staffing and they are no longer interviewing candidates for this position. This is very unprofessional I feel like I wasted my time with this company.

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Silver Spring, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online on Sunday received call from HR on Tuesday morning to schedule phone interview and she schedule phone interview next day morning. She move me to next interview with branch manager. I went for my interview at branch I applied to, manager was really good she ask me about my previous job experience

Interview Questions

• few questions about my previous job experience, education background?
      how many years of experience I have in customer service?
      Retail banking experience?
      It was easy and straight forward.   Answer Question

Relationship Liaison II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at M&T Bank (York, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Two female managers: direct over this role and her boss, a regional Director/VP, interviewed me at a local branch office. It was a fairly casual conversation. We talked about my banking experience. No behavioral based questions which I found odd, especially for the banking world. They discussed the position's duties and training involved which entailed shadowing experienced liaisons in local regions. The senior manager asked one question that surprised me and was off-putting, coming from her level. My background includes varied experience with management and interviewing applicants and I was trained to recognize illegal interview questions. To top it all off, I was declined for this position two days later! I suspect it was either because I was overqualified, a little late, or they found someone better qualified. Who knows?

Facility Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with the recruiter which was a very pleasant experience. The next step was a formal, five person panel interview plus an interview with the Senior Vice President. It was a very relaxed yet professional process. They all asked me to explain certain parts of my past experience that would qualify me as a good fit for this position. They were all very receptive of the questions I had for them in regard to the position, as well.

Interview Questions

• What past experience makes you qualified for this role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I first had a phone screening interview (~25 min); it was relatively easy and there were no hard questions or anything too specific. I was then offered a second interview about a week and a half later that was more targeted to the position. It lasted about 50 minutes and I was asked pretty basic questions pertaining to my experience and skills relating to the position requirements.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were in a position of leadership.

Describe a time you completed an analysis/project and recommended actions based on your findings.

Describe why you would be a good fit for this position.

What about this position interests you?   Answer Question

Executive Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Not overly structured, very fit oriented. Liked their style, great fit for me. Do prepare in background if company under mr wilmers' tenure. Have answers formulated for why M&t and why buffalo, most people aren't looking to relocate to buffalo so it's a fair question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't bother to negotiate but I think there may have Ben a little room

Relationship Banker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very thorough and well paced. An excellent atmosphere and an excellent introduction into the daily tasks expected. Phone interview was first then a in person interview. All Jr. Staff was courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• What was the best selling experience?
      Can you demonstrate product knowledge   Answer Question

MDP - Retail Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Interview consisted of one round at the school/fair. The next round consisted of a super day that totaled five 30 minute interviews. Relatively easy with all personality/fit questions - it's a sales job so make sure you make your personality come through. Emphasis on small business and what M&T is all about. Make sure you want to work in a branch for the next few years they like to keep people in retail, just realize that if you're using the retail position to get your foot in the door at a bank.

Executive Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Three interviews with different people from the group I was interviewing for. Mostly fit based questions. Was asked a couple of behavioral questions, but nothing technical. Be very prepared to explain why you would move to Buffalo, NY if that's were your position is based. They are a very financially risk averse bank, so make sure to take that into account.