M&T Bank MDP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank MDP Interview Questions

2.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university. I did a very basic first round interview at my university's career center. Then a couple of months later, I did a final round interview at the M&T headquarters in Buffalo. The final interview consisted of one on one interviews and lunch. They said they would let me know whether or not I got the job within the next few weeks, but they never even got back to me.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were all pretty basic, just be ready to talk about your experience and why you would be a good fit at M&T.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I came in prepared for a rigorous interview, and felt that the interviewer had already made up her mind about me before she even met me. She mostly talked about her own experiences, which was great to get an insight into the company, but she didn't even ask me the most basic of interview questions. It was my first interview in a while, so maybe I was just a little rusty, but I felt like I wasn't able to accurately portray to her my strengths. I was told the first interview was just to get a feel for your character, so I brushed it off that the interview was more like a conversation than an interview. It has been almost a month and I haven't heard anything, so I figure they don't want me for the second round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward. The first interview was on campus and that was just a few fit questions and a resume overview Then they flew me to meet with 4 people in a super day. Each interview was 30 minutes long. Some interviewers were laid back and just told me what the position entailed. Others were more in depth with very few technical questions.

Overall, the interview process wasn't too hard. Just be sure to know your resume in and out and why you want to work for this company in the industry you choose. Also, be sure to have a lot of questions abuot the company on hand.

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

They came to my campus and hosted an information session with general company information and more specific information regarding the MDP program. The next day there were half hour interviews that basically went over the resume and asked which roles candidates were most interested in. This was the first round of interviews and it wasn't very difficult. The next round will be at their home office with members of the team the candidate is applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent news story that interested you and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Resume drop, on-campus interview, then a second round interview in Buffalo. Met with six people from two divisions when I was in Buffalo. All standard fit interviews. Everyone was very nice throughout the process, but HR was not particularly on the the ball about scheduling my Buffalo interviews after I was informed I had made it though to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What makes you better than the other applicants?   1 Answer

MDP Interview

Interview

I applied for the MDP program and the interview process was at a conference. Every student in attendance at that conference had a 2 way interview: some were back to back and some had 30min to an hour break inbetween. The people at M&T Bank made such a wonderful 1st impression for someone who was so nervous at that time, and their focus on community made the interview process more comfortable.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Very relaxed. It's all about whether or not they think you will be a good fit, and if they like you as a person. If you are relatable, and can come off as fairly intelligent, you should not have a problem.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Not too difficult. It begins with an on campus or phone interview, which is basic questions about your resume and a few behavioral questions. The next round of interviews is with four different high-ups that are in various departments of the bank.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

overall very easy interview. basic behavioral questions asked. nothing tricky. Just make sure to be prepared with questions and why you want the position. Make sure you know about the company and its history.

MDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Applied through my college/university. The first round was just behavioral interview questions. The interviewer looked through my resume. I was then invited for an interview with the hiring team at their HQ in Buffalo, NY. All the travel expenses from flight to hotel was covered so that was very nice of them.

Interview Questions

• Questions were easy and all behavioral questions. Why M&T?   Answer Question