M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at M&T Bank

2.6

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruiting at my college. Mostly sat there while the interviewer talked about the history of the company and what they do with the community. Didn't ask me many questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Applied through my university and interviewed on campus about two weeks later. Interviewer was from their headquarters in Buffalo and was fairly strange/rude. Asked some pretty general fit questions and focused on specific parts of my resume. Asked what role I wanted to fill within the company - marketing, strategy, etc. Make sure you know something about M&T Bank and their operations. The program is also at their headquarters in Buffalo, NY so make sure you're okay with that before applying.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

I applied via campus recruiting. This was a very painless process and a good company. He just asked me very general questions such as "why banking?" After that, I was invited to go to Buffalo -- all expenses paid. The biggest problem is that they give you a list of positions that are available and you have to quickly choose which you are interested in before it is filled.

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Applied through my university's career services website, resume only. The next day I received an email saying I was accepted for an interview. Interview process was relaxed, comfortable and enjoyable. I was asked questions about my resume, a few behavioral questions, why M&T, and what I hoped to do with the program.

Interview Questions

Decided to take another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I first interviewed with M&T Bank at my university's campus. At first, I wasn't sure if the position was right for me but the interviewer and I really connected and I was moved to the second round. The second round consisted of a full day of interviews at the bank's headquarters office. I had three separate interviews with the employees there and, unfortunately, didn't connect with any of them. Bank is very conservative and based on tradition. Even if I received an offer, I don't think the program would have been right for me.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any dream job, regardless of experience, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Poughkeepsie, NY).

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on site interview in buffalo. They were very generous with the travel and hotel. I met with 5 people while I was there, but most of them had no interest in meeting with me. Be prepared to talk about why you want to move to buffalo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Rochester, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my school's website and was immediately given a phone interview after a quick resume and cover letter drop in application. The position was in NY although they made it seem like they had openings all over the mid-atlantic because that is where they have offices but the management training program was limited in locations.

Interview Questions

• What is something different about our bank (i.e.-what it is that M&T Bank does that is different than others)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

First round on campus with retail sales manager based in Baltimore. Second round was in Buffalo, based on the groups I expressed an interest in during my first-round. Met with 4-5 mid-level mangers for 30 minutes each, most of which asked behavioral questions about my interest in M&T, banking, and college extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I don't think it's possible, but it's worth exploring, particularly for those who are in the mid-Atlantic regions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

The first stage of the interview was an onsite (in my case a college fair) f2f interview with a regional manager. Fairly straight forward process, starting with why you are interested in the banking industry, the position, and program, etc. Then some general background and behavioral questions. If you can give some clear and, hopefully impressive, examples of leadership and assertiveness to succeed then you win a plane ride to their headquarters up in chilly Buffalo, NY.

At headquarters, it's a 5 round interview where you meet with senior HR members, the Director(s) to whatever division you're applying for, and an alum of the MDP program (who is who you also go to lunch with). Again, they ask you the same type of questions, but with more emphasis on leadership and some technical skills here and there. Also be prepared to talk about the bank and what you know about them! Nothing extreme, actually pretty straight forward stuff. Unfortunately for me it was one of my first "professional" interviews and due to my lack of interview experience, I believe I overtalked and bored them to death. Had I prepared for this much more, I'm almost sure I would have gotten the position. Culture looked a little mundane for my taste though, (and Buffalo does rank pretty low in terms of QOL) so I'll be fatalistic and say that maybe it was meant to be. Good luck to whoever pursues a career here as the program is meant to develop you professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview consisted of a 30 minute personality interview. The interviewer was very personable and the whole interview did not feel too stressful. Since M&T is a regional bank, they really want you to know the presence and business of the company. They are looking for someone who is willing to relocate to Northeast region.