M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Long process from beginning to end, but worth the wait. The actual interviews (internal) were just three sessions with multiple people. My offer came a little over 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you be a brand ambassador for the bank?   Answer Question
  • What leadership experience do you bring with you?   Answer Question
  • How would you balance your time at your home branch and the time outside of the branch for training?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for M&T Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took about 4+ weeks with an on-campus interview and then traveling to Buffalo, NY for a series of interviews all day. I had about 10 interviews all day with three different departments within the bank. It got to be a bit repetitive and was mostly behavioral based questions. Everyone I met with was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school, got an email 2 days later saying I have an interview scheduled in 3 days. Actual interview was basic behavior questions and took roughly 20 minutes. It was straight forward and casual. Felt comfortable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through the school job board and got an on campus interview 1 weeks later. That went very well so I got the second round interview at their headquarter in Buffalo 2 weeks later. Everyone there was very nice, they just asked me some basic behavioral questions. The problem was having 4 interview in the row make me really tired. I felt like I was repeating myself since 2 of them asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why M&T Bank?
      Do SWOT analysis of M&T Bank.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I went to the M&T Bank Career fair and handed my resume out, then I received an e-mail to schedule an interview. I interviewed with a recruiter for 30 minutes who asked me basic questions, although a lot of them were about my college experience even though I've already been working for 8 months.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the college that you went to?
      Describe a situation where you were working with a group member who wasn't carrying their weight and what you did?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college. My first interview was on campus, and then I was flown out to Buffalo, New York for a series of interviews held at their headquarters. The interviews began at 10 am and concluded around 3:30 pm. Everyone with whom I spoke was extremely friendly and seemed impressed with my credentials.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I interviewed on campus with two campus recruiters from a nearby branch. Had an informal 30 minute interview with them about my resume. Was flew to Buffalo a month later to interview at their headquarters. Met with 8 different people from two different departments for two separate positions. Nothing too tricky, asked me about my resume and qualifications, very informal.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style? Tell me about a time you've worked in a group and someone wasn't pulling their weight? What does your dream job look like out of college? Why M&T Bank? What do you know about the program?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank.

Interview

Very enthusiastic about the company, friendly and easy to talk to. Some of the questions were challenging, but overall it was a very pleasant interview experience. Good company and would recommend interviewing for them

Interview Questions

• Why are you interesting in banking? What are some characteristics in people that you dislike?   Answer Question

Management Development Program Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at M&T Bank in October 2015.

Interview

They came to my campus to interview some potential candidates after holding an information session about the program. They asked a lot of behavioral questions and the basic questions about why I was interested in their firm. They asked a lot of questions about particular things on my resume. It was a very conversational interview and didn't really throw me any curveball questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Talked with recruiter for about 1/2 hour about previous work experience. Got invited to the headquarters in Buffalo, NY for second round. The recruiter was really nice and just talked by my interests and his experience at the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you faced when working with a project group?   1 Answer

I accepted another job offer