Find jobs for Management Development Program Trainee

M&T Bank Management Development Program Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Dec 13, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 44 of over 531 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

M&T Bank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank in Nov 2018

Interview

Applied through University Recruiting. The first interview was over the phone. A week later, I was contacted to schedule another phone interview with someone specifically from the technology department.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you were involved in a group project and someone was not pulling their weight, how did you handle the situation?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Sep 2017

Interview

relatively easy process: 1st round is an easy informational interview, happened 2 weeks after the first round. 2nd round is just as easy, simple questions about resume. Final Round in buffalo was mostly behavioral and fit questions with the managers of the group you’re applying for, no technical or tough curve ball questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Apr 2017

Interview

Long process from beginning to end, but worth the wait. The actual interviews (internal) were just three sessions with multiple people. My offer came a little over 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you be a brand ambassador for the bank?
  • What leadership experience do you bring with you?
  • How would you balance your time at your home branch and the time outside of the branch for training?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Nov 2016

Interview

The process took about 4+ weeks with an on-campus interview and then traveling to Buffalo, NY for a series of interviews all day. I had about 10 interviews all day with three different departments within the bank. It got to be a bit repetitive and was mostly behavioral based questions. Everyone I met with was very friendly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Oct 2016

Interview

I applied through my school, got an email 2 days later saying I have an interview scheduled in 3 days. Actual interview was basic behavior questions and took roughly 20 minutes. It was straight forward and casual. Felt comfortable

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Apr 2016

Interview

I applied through the school job board and got an on campus interview 1 weeks later. That went very well so I got the second round interview at their headquarter in Buffalo 2 weeks later. Everyone there was very nice, they just asked me some basic behavioral questions. The problem was having 4 interview in the row make me really tired. I felt like I was repeating myself since 2 of them asked me the same questions.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself. Why M&T Bank? Do SWOT analysis of M&T Bank.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Jan 2016

Interview

I went to the M&T Bank Career fair and handed my resume out, then I received an e-mail to schedule an interview. I interviewed with a recruiter for 30 minutes who asked me basic questions, although a lot of them were about my college experience even though I've already been working for 8 months.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you choose the college that you went to? Describe a situation where you were working with a group member who wasn't carrying their weight and what you did?

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Dec 2015

Interview

I applied through my college. My first interview was on campus, and then I was flown out to Buffalo, New York for a series of interviews held at their headquarters. The interviews began at 10 am and concluded around 3:30 pm. Everyone with whom I spoke was extremely friendly and seemed impressed with my credentials.

Interview Questions
13 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at M&T Bank (Buffalo, NY) in Dec 2015

Interview

I interviewed on campus with two campus recruiters from a nearby branch. Had an informal 30 minute interview with them about my resume. Was flew to Buffalo a month later to interview at their headquarters. Met with 8 different people from two different departments for two separate positions. Nothing too tricky, asked me about my resume and qualifications, very informal.

Interview Questions
  • What is your leadership style? Tell me about a time you've worked in a group and someone wasn't pulling their weight? What does your dream job look like out of college? Why M&T Bank? What do you know about the program?
5 people found this interview helpful

M&T Bank

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at M&T Bank

Interview

Very enthusiastic about the company, friendly and easy to talk to. Some of the questions were challenging, but overall it was a very pleasant interview experience. Good company and would recommend interviewing for them

Interview Questions
  • Why are you interesting in banking? What are some characteristics in people that you dislike?
3 people found this interview helpful