MAC Cosmetics Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Artist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Artist Interview

Interview

If you want to interview with this company its very simple! make sure you look the part and have a good personality. All black no exceptions. MAC is a fashion forward company so you must have some sense of fashion and what is hot right now. DO YOUR RESEARCH!! know everything there is to know about the company, if you act and dress the part the title and the pay will be given to you. look up current makeup trends and create one of those looks. DO NOT over do it and don't over do it. have just enough to impress you interviewer. BE OPEN TO FEEDBACK! if you are not open to feedback and take everything personal don't even apply for the job. hope this helps all aspiring makeup artists.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in May 2013.

Interview

Three step interview. First, you will be asked to bring a model to do a full makeup application on, which you will have 60 minutes. Sometimes, management/interviewer will give you a specific scenario. You will be expected to complete the well-executed look in the allotted time and engage actively with the customer/model. The next step is a verbal interview with management. Typical interview questions. The last step is usually a phone interview with the SRM or MRO of your market. Also pretty standard questions, some the same. Seems like more of a formality. At my location, anyone who got the opportunity to interview with SRM or MRO got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   Answer Question
    • If you woke up late, and had to be to work in 20 minutes, what steps to your usual process of getting ready would you skip?   Answer Question
    • Describe your work ethic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I had my first interview after submitting resume a week ago. I have a lot of experience but was not familiar with the brushes, the color wheel and false eye lashes. I am hoping that they saw what I could bring to the company. They will let me know in a week if I can move on to the next stage of the process which will be an application on a model.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in January 2008.

Interview

I Was interviewd twice and got a phone call the next day

Interview Questions

• What do I want to do in six years..IDK!!   1 Answer