MAC Cosmetics Freelance Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Freelance Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 26, 2017

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was in store with 2 people. Super easy if you have cosmetic experience. Wear all black and be yourself. If they like you you get a 2nd interview which is the makeup application part. You bring a model & I was given 45 mins to recreate a look they choose for you to do. Then same day I got call offering the position!

Interview Questions

• What are some open ended questions you would ask a customer who comes in to get her makeup done?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

1st interview - job fair, waited on line for no longer than 2 hours. If you made it they gave you an envelope to 2nd & 3rd interview.
    2nd&3rd- was group interview & makeup application. They ask to bring model, they switch up the models once you are there. They EXPECT you to do EXACTLY as your client wants. Even as ridicoules request as it is. Only used 5 brushes. Was difficult to find products since the girls would take off rack. I had only 30 mins to do cut crease with minimum tools.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process went incredibly smooth! I got lucky and had a good interview process. I went in extremely nervous but if you have a good general background knowledge of the company and its products, then you should be good. Make sure you know a good amount of information about the MAC products though.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of question about the company itself such as favorite products, the HIV cause   1 Answer

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

I had heard the stories and was prepared for anything. It just all depends on who the person who's interviewing you is and their personality. My interview was very super smooth I went on a Tuesday and it wasn't busy at all. The RM who interviewed me asked me a couple of questions on the company and myself and then we went to the makeup application interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mac? Can you tell me some of our programs and how they contribute to the community? What's your favorite Mac product and why? How would you describe Mac Cosmetics to others?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Hayward, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview of 12. Two interviewers. Very fun and vibrant. A little intense. Lots of questions...interview takes two days be prepared. Be sure to coe i all black. Fullface of makeup and bring pictures of your work on other persons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Emailed them my resume. Got a call to set up an interview a couple days later. I thought the in person interview went very well. She told me the store manager would call me back next week for the makeup test. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything back from them, not even a rejection email. I've called several times and the manager is never available or they just give me the run around. Extremely unprofessional! At least tell people when they haven't been selected to move forward, don't waste our time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer walked in the store while everyone else was busy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I called and asked if I could have an interview and manager agreed to have it same day. I had already dropped my resume off the weekend before but manager wasn't there.

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Brandon, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First I brought my resume into the store and spoke with the manager. Gave a brief summary of my skills. Not long after I got a call to set up an interview. The first was a general interview with retail questions, experience questions, MAC knowledge. The second interview was a makeup application. Always dress for success, be on time. Know MAC history and mission statement. Be prepared for your makeup application of interview. They provided the makeup and brushes. Know proper sanitation.

Interview Questions

• How would you juggle multiple customers at a time?   1 Answer

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Interviewed in group, then individual makeup test using MAC products. Was brought into a room with Manager and assistant manager, and asked to perform a makeup application. It's important to meet requirements, use viva glam, tie products together, prep, prime, and apply. The process was a little nerve reaching, but all in all went well.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about MAC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Elmhurst, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I was part of a "job fair" which means they invite 20+ people to interview at the same time, I was sat a table and interviewed while about 5-10 other interviews were simultaneously occurring. I was then told that I would get a call back within a week for a second interview. 3 weeks later I received a phone call and my second interview was scheduled for a week after that. The second interview was a "makeup interview" in which i was required to do a natural daytime look within 30 minutes, this was fairly easy and laid back. I suspect I got lucky with the woman who interviewed me because others who worked there were fairly intimidating for a new artist.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC? What makes MAC different than other cosmetic brands? Why do you want to be a Makeup Artist? Do you have retail experience.   Answer Question