MAC Cosmetics Freelance Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Freelance Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

There are two interviews, the first one I got after going to a hiring event. I got invited to another interview and was told to bring in a model for the thirty minute makeup application.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Lubbock, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Went in store to give the manager my resume, was invited to fill out an application online as well. The next day I received an email inviting me to do an online interview. A week after submitting my online interview, I got a call inviting me to do a makeup application and verbal interview. The next day I was offered the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Wichita, KS) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied three times. The third time I was asked to come in for an interview and to bring a model in for a 30 minute makeup application. I was told they'd call me within seven days to let me know if I was hired or not hired. They never called me back. They seemed to like me, one of the girls assured me I was hired, but I never heard back. I have a cosmetology license and over two years experience with makeup artistry.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work with them.   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

I did another MUA’s make up for 30 minutes while my manager watched. After the 30 she asked me what I would do if I had a few extra minutes left.. I then added a few things and she took me in the back to review the model.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Tampa, FL) in February 2018.

Interview

The first interview was basically getting to know me and me getting to know the company history. After passing that I moved on to a makeup interview where I had to show my skills. Process took 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

First off, the ladies who were facilitating the interview were nice but because the second portion of the interview is held within a group setting, it’s almost impossible for them to actually get to know you. Most of the time, they would pick people to answer questions and then when it’s your turn, most have already said what you were going to say. They put you in with a group of sharks and you feel a little out of place because you would like to answer but really don’t get your turn. Also, they totally lagged and we were behind almost an hour. To top it off you need to bring your own model for the makeup application only to have them switch models on you. After that, they give you 30 mins to do an entire look which includes face and eyes specifically on the current trend in makeup. Once that time is up, they come one by one and critique your work. Thankfully they had nothing negative to say about my techniques and one of the facilitators loved my work and said “beautifully done”. Unfortunately, they didn’t hire me as there were others who actually got the chance to answer questions during the first half of the interview. Note: I don’t think they care if you know how to apply makeup and sanitize your products properly. They just care about the answers you provide. Be prepared to be a shark in that group otherwise they’ll disregard you regardless of how well your makeup application is on the model you’re working on.

Interview Questions

• What is the most conflicting customer and how did you handle that scenario?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Boston, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and instantly got a digital interview. I had 5 days to submit my interview. 3 weeks later I got a call asking to come in for both a speaking interview and a makeup application. 2 days after the call I came in with my model which I was required to bring for my interview. The interview seemed to have gone really well and I was told I’d receive a call the upcoming Monday. Today is that Monday and I never received a call. I will wait a couple days and then will call if I don’t here anything.

Update: a couple days after I hadn’t gotten any call, I had gotten a call from the manager I had done my interview with. She had appologized for getting back to me later than expected due to being really busy at the store and had offered me a job!

Interview Questions

• Do you understand/ are aware of what a freelance position is?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Brandon, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

First I brought my resume into the store and spoke with the manager. Gave a brief summary of my skills. Not long after I got a call to set up an interview. The first was a general interview with retail questions, experience questions, MAC knowledge. The second interview was a makeup application. Always dress for success, be on time. Know MAC history and mission statement. Be prepared for your makeup application of interview. They provided the makeup and brushes. Know proper sanitation.

Interview Questions

• How would you juggle multiple customers at a time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Elmhurst, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I was part of a "job fair" which means they invite 20+ people to interview at the same time, I was sat a table and interviewed while about 5-10 other interviews were simultaneously occurring. I was then told that I would get a call back within a week for a second interview. 3 weeks later I received a phone call and my second interview was scheduled for a week after that. The second interview was a "makeup interview" in which i was required to do a natural daytime look within 30 minutes, this was fairly easy and laid back. I suspect I got lucky with the woman who interviewed me because others who worked there were fairly intimidating for a new artist.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC? What makes MAC different than other cosmetic brands? Why do you want to be a Makeup Artist? Do you have retail experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Oklahoma City, OK) in January 2014.

Interview

To work for Mac all you have to do is go up to the counter you would like to work for and ask for an application. From their you will have to be knowledgeable about the company. Know when it was founded, Who the creators are, What Mac stands for, and also about Mac charities such as Viva glam. You will also need to work on your Makeup skills on someone else. Must be able to do a full face on someone else in 30 mins. Once they call you for an interview they will ask to bring someone and do their face in front of them then they will call you or even do a spot on talk interview about you and then proceed to ask you about the company.

Interview Questions

• What does Mac stand for?
      Do you know what our viva glam program is ?
      Why do you want to work for Mac cosmetics?
      What is Mac cosmetics slogan?
      Who created Mac and what year ?   1 Answer