MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.1

Assistant Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

basic interview with the regional recruiter, makeup interview with the trainer, more behavioral interview with the manager of retail operations. Must know knowledge of the brand and products, show a passion for the company and culture, make sure you teach your model through out the makeup application interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple customers when you are the only one at the counter?   1 Answer

Assistant Retail Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Washington, DC) in May 2014.

Interview

After I applied online, I was called back a week later for an interview with the recruiter. They explained that the process is long and would involve 4 more interviews. The 2nd interview was a makeup demo with a model, the 3rd was with a retail operations manager and the final was with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What do you think would be the hardest part of starting in this position?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a 3 person interview, which felt more like a casual conversation. After the interview process was done, they walked me around their beautiful office space and introduced me to some people I would possibly be working with. It was a nice experience.

Stock Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process did not feel like an interview, because the manager was very welcoming and very friendly. The interview process took about 30 minutes, but it went by pretty quick because I enjoyed it.

? Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

I went to a Job Fair and was very appalled at the disorganization and wait time which was over 30 minutes. The person who interviewed me me was the recruiter for the region and she was very poorly dressed, had no visible makeup on and was very on edge. She asked me minimal questions regarding makeup and was totally unprofessional. I rated myself a 5 on a scale of 1-5 in regards to makeup artistry and she patronizingly and sarcastically made a comment about me needing to be a national mua for MAC. Nothing was made clear in the interview because she was totally incompetent. I had no idea what position I was even interviewing for and she failed to tell me background information about the company. I can't even recall her introducing herself to me. It took two weeks for this person to get back to me. After two emails and two phone calls, I was told that although I had impressive qualifications and background (recent cosmetology grad, years of retail experience and a makeup portfolio), that someone else met their requirements. I've heard MAC doesn't hire those with a cosmetics education but I'm puzzled as to what exactly their company stands and looks for. After all this time, energy and money wasted, I of course wanted to file a complaint. I then called the MAC store that initially referred me to the regional recruiter and was hung up on by an assistant manager when I asked for corporate upper management's contact info.
    Prior to those experiences, I had a makeup demo with an in store trainer set up by a counter manager that was interested in me for freelance and he totally fabricated what occurred. He seemed to be more interested with playing with his nifty, new little iPad than paying attention to a prospective MAC employee. I have never been more blatantly disrespected and treated more rudely.

Interview Questions

• A waste of time and couldn't even get a word in and she seemed to want to know more about negative experiences than anything else pertaining to the positions that may have been open.   1 Answer

Any Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in May 2014.

Interview

Dropped off my resume dressed in all black and got a call 6 months later for an interview and makeup application for model. Brought model to my interview and went to the office for about 20 minutes while she conducted the interview. Then I was able to do the makeover to my model had to do a day look and turn it into a night look after. After makeup application I was brought back into the office and given a little construction criticism. It was a very laid back interview, and not as hard as I was expecting.

Interview Questions

• What do you struggle with the most?   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in May 2013.

Interview

Three step interview. First, you will be asked to bring a model to do a full makeup application on, which you will have 60 minutes. Sometimes, management/interviewer will give you a specific scenario. You will be expected to complete the well-executed look in the allotted time and engage actively with the customer/model. The next step is a verbal interview with management. Typical interview questions. The last step is usually a phone interview with the SRM or MRO of your market. Also pretty standard questions, some the same. Seems like more of a formality. At my location, anyone who got the opportunity to interview with SRM or MRO got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MAC?   Answer Question
    • If you woke up late, and had to be to work in 20 minutes, what steps to your usual process of getting ready would you skip?   Answer Question
    • Describe your work ethic?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Arlington, VA).

Interview

The interview process was very long, they ask basic questions mostly your makeup demo is all you need to worry about. Pay close attention to what they are asking you to create

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for this company   1 Answer

Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Interview was fairly simple. I had an interview with the counter manager and it consisted of standard questions about experience and sales. Then I had the makeup interview and it was simple.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Phone screen first by recruiter for brand, then in person interview with local store manager , 3rd interview that was hands on makeup technique and selling test with manager/assistant/resident trainer

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Who inspires you?
      What is your learning style?
      What do you look for in a leader?   1 Answer