MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 455 of over 455 interviews

Employee Referral11%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MAC Cosmetics

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

You have to go into the store and speak to the manager. Once you speak to them they give you a website and then you apply online. You have to answer a 100 question questionnaire. It took like an hour and a half. They screen your questions and if you do well they send you another link for a video interview.

Interview Questions
  • They were mostly customer service oriented.
    Answer Question

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

1. Know the history of MAC, primarily their how they came to be and their philanthropist efforts 2. What is the top selling product 3. favorite product of yours? How would you sell it? 4. What do you know about current fashion trends, favorite designers? 5. Sales experience?

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite product and how would you sell it to everyone?
1 person found this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

The interview process was long but necessary. It was a group interview, one on one interview and demo interview. The total process took about a month and a half. The process is definitely necessary.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dallas, TX)

Interview

The process was pretty generic. The questions were all pretty intro-level questions. It felt like they just wanted to see if you genuinely had interest in the company. It took maybe 30 minutes total.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Video risposta a domande, senza interlocutori. Venivano poste domande a cui si aveva del tempo limitato per rispondere tramite video. Erano 5 domande, molto generiche, infatti non è chiaro come si venga valutati

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

It consisted of two parts, doing a formal interview, and second part was doing a skills based interview where you select a small number of items under a limited amount of time among other artists. You have to bring a model/friend and apply the makeup on them. You'll be evaluated by either one or two people and then be given feedback on the spot and asked to self-critique. This is a group exercise, I had my interview with about 6-8 other people at the exact same time.

Interview Questions
  • Self-critique your makeup application, how do you think you did and how would you improve it?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY)

Interview

Incredibly thorough, with several rounds of conversation with HR and various members of the team I'd be working with. Intimidating, but I definitely appreciated how seriously they handle recruitment and team fills.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Experience working with influencers? Working on global campaigns?
1 person found this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Lengthy interview practice felt like I was jumping through hoops but all to see if you are a great artist / sales person. Good company to work for good benefits

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

there was five stages a open day with a short brief interview phone interview makeup artistry trial another phone interview then another short interview with all managers, then finally a call to say that I have been successful

Interview Questions
  • why do you want to work for mac?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview process had three stages: the first interview was with HR, then an hour long interview with the hiring manager and finally I had to send a three-slide presentation. I didn't receive much feedback.

Interview Questions
  • The hiring manager asked about working in an environment without much structure and process.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 455 Interviews