MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Day 1. The Mac Make up Artist Casting Call was at a Pro Store. Very Long Line which moved very slow. I arrived an hour late and waited in line for 5 hours with only 16 people in front of me. If given an offer letter you are asked to attend day 2 of the casting call.
    Day 2. You are to bring a model which you will not be using your model because they make you switch models with someone else. You will have to do makeup on your new model with the makeup products provided to you by Mac and you will only have 30min to complete your look. Be sure to provide the exact look your model is requesting. This is not a time to show off and impress the judges by doing your own thing. Mac wants to make sure you cater to their customers needs so be sure to treat your model as if they are the customer. Keep you work station clean and organized at all times and talk to your model. Tell them what you are doing to their face as you do it. Get to know them on a personal level and try to sell them the products you are using. If you can make them want to buy the products and get them to like the way you used it on them you should be able to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in sales?   2 Answers
    • Are you Certified/Do you have a diploma in Makeup Artistry or a cosmetology license?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work for Mac and What can you bring to the Mac family?   1 Answer
    • How would you make a Mac customer feel welcomed in one of our stores?   1 Answer
    • What's one word that describes why you are here and one word to describe yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

MAC On Call Beauty Nordstrom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Brief straightforward interview with Nordstrom recruiter, she then scheduled me for an in person interview with managers. Went to interview had 40 minute interview/conversation with cosmetics manager and mac business manager of Nordstrom. Afterwards, Applied simple eyeshadow and mascara to one of the Mac girls working. she told me that she wanted a basic neutral look when she asked for a more dramatic addition I just applied a dark brown eyeshadow into her crease. The beauty Cosmetics manager then told me she would have the new incoming cosmetics manager contact me with results, still waiting to hear it has been less than a week. They were very impressed with my portfolio and my make up that day. Fingers crossed will update.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Mac?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Hayward, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Group interview of 12. Two interviewers. Very fun and vibrant. A little intense. Lots of questions...interview takes two days be prepared. Be sure to coe i all black. Fullface of makeup and bring pictures of your work on other persons

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview consisted of both a verbal question sit down interview and a makeup interview that I was asked to bring a model. I was interviewing with a group so they had us switch models. So be ready for that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Sent resume to recruiters email and received. Phone call back from store manager who told me I had to get permission from where I already worked to even move forward

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The process took about 2 months from the time i applied to when i got the job. i saw the vacancy on Zip recruiter.....applied and got called for the first interview.
    My second interview was about 2weeks later for the makeup interview.....came with a model, who was switched.
    My third is with one of the keys at the branch i was going to start with.

The whole experience was good, so i advice do your research (Did alot of that on glassdoor), be calm so you can remember your points and smile.

Interview Questions

• what are your strength?
      How to handle mis-understanding in a group.
      Plus other questions written on this site already.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was good and easy.

MAC Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Makeup Interview: I was asked to bring in a model and do a bridal look. It was a solo interview and the manager gave me 1 hour. The manager pretty much watched me from a distance through the entire interview to ensure I was speaking with my model and explaining to her what I was doing and why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Emailed them my resume. Got a call to set up an interview a couple days later. I thought the in person interview went very well. She told me the store manager would call me back next week for the makeup test. It's been over a month and I haven't heard anything back from them, not even a rejection email. I've called several times and the manager is never available or they just give me the run around. Extremely unprofessional! At least tell people when they haven't been selected to move forward, don't waste our time.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were helping a customer and another customer walked in the store while everyone else was busy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

So this was a very lengthy process. I sent the manager my resume, she called me maybe a month later and asked me to come into for an interview. I interviewed with her and the assistant manager and the vibe was great. I was nervous about going in there but they made me feel so comfortable. They said they would be in contact with me and I should hear from them soon. I waited like 2 weeks maybe more before they asked me to come in for my makeup interview. That was the scariest thing ever. I got the impression that they were going to tell me what kind of look they wanted. I also thought they would briefly explain how they sanitize their tools and products. But they didn't but it was okay because a lot of the employees helped me before and during. I messed up on a few things during that makeup interview but she gave be feedback and I was very open to that! All in all I passed the makeup interview. So after that I was supposed to meet with the store director but that never happened. Maybe a month later, after calling and having them tell me to call back another day and calling and having them tell me to call another day I FINALLY got a job offer. One thing I took with me while going through this that everyone says is that the hiring process takes FOREVER!!! Seriously! I've heard it take longer with other people so I'm blessed! Lol

One thing I will say is DO YOUR RESEARCH!!! Know everything you can about the company!!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiations, I loved the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I called and asked if I could have an interview and manager agreed to have it same day. I had already dropped my resume off the weekend before but manager wasn't there.