MAC Cosmetics MAC Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics MAC Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.2

MAC Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

You have to turn in your resume to a MAC retail manager at any Mac location. Its important that you dress in all black and have your image up to par with current makeup trends. Be prepared to talk about why you'd like to work for MAC, and tell a little bit about yourself. The manager then passes your resume along to a recruiter in which you are contacted for a freelance position. Freelance positions are great, as they are a way to figure out what type of counter or location you'd be good at. During the interview process, its sometimes one on one or group setting. MAC wants to know why you want to work for MAC and about any past experience you've had. Then you go for a makeup demo, day to night time look.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

you get a starting rate of $16 as a freelancer.

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

MAC Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Makeup Interview: I was asked to bring in a model and do a bridal look. It was a solo interview and the manager gave me 1 hour. The manager pretty much watched me from a distance through the entire interview to ensure I was speaking with my model and explaining to her what I was doing and why.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on zip recruter and i went to meet in the downtown office for an interview i got schedueled for the makeup interview i got the job a week later just remember eveyone has a different expiriance and make sure your model has waxed eyebrows i thought i was going to be doing aomeone else but i dint and also i thought you have to being your brushes but they choose them for you

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you in a situation whwre there was only 2 employess in a store and you had traffic in your store   Answer Question

MAC Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

The hiring process took over 5 months for a permanent 24 hour artist. It consisted of one regular interview, a makeup interview, and a phone interview. Everyone there was really nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation with a co-worker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • Tell us what you know about the MAC viva glam foundation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Basic interview questions at all three interviews. Had to do a makeup demo for store management. Bring your own model and wear all black. Ask in advance if you'll be executing your own look or one they dictate. It's a basic retail interview and a basic makeup demo. Don't fret.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

For many, the hiring process can be grueling and, quite frankly, annoyingly long.
    Many people, like myself, breeze right in. For others, however, it can be a lengthy process that should be regulated in a much more professional way from senior mgmt.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

When first applying you will have to part interviews. The first interview will be one on one with a manager asking you about yourself and senario questions. If they like you, you'll be chosen for a second Interview for Makeup application on a Model.

Interview Questions

• History of MAC; senario questions; personality questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

There will sometimes be a phone interview- depending on the position applying for. If you pass the phone interview, you will interview with one of the managers. Sometimes you will also meet/interview with the department manager or one of the store managers of where the location is. You will also be asked to demonstrate some artistry so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

• often will have situational type questions regarding customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

1). I applied online. 2). Phone interview 3). Skype Makeup/Sales demo 4). 2 weeks waiting to hear back so I emailed them. I found out somebody dropped the ball and If I hadn't reached out I would have missed out on an offer. 5). Quick and easy interview in person 6). Call back that evening and I started that week. FYI: The whole process took over a month long.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know if I could sell MAC products while doing a customer's makeup. I had to demonstrate how I would do this during the Skype session. The interviewer rarely interjected. It was just me and my "model" acting as if we were in the MAC store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They pay what they pay lol. Just look up the average for your area.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was called about a month later and scheduled an interview at their offices in el segundo. I was asked to bring a model. I arrived late but did call to advise. I came with no resume and the person interviewing me was annoyed. Besides that the interview did go very well. The second portion was my demo. She gave my model a secret scenario and I had to investigate. The interviewer was very impressed with my skills and was very happy with how I investigated and applied the makeup. She gave me some constructive criticism but ultimatly was very please. I was hire with in a week. It was a NEW store that had just opened, very exciting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They asked what my base pay would be, I told them my minimum and they gave me $2.50 more than I asked. I was satisfied.