MAC Cosmetics MAC Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics MAC Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.2

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in July 2014.

Interview

First, I had a one-on-one interview with store manager. All went smoothly and it was fairly quick. Right after, the manager set me up for a second interview for a makeup demo for that same week. The makeup demo was timed for 30 minutes and I was being interviewed with another girl. I finished the demo a few minutes early because I already knew what look I was going for and what products I wanted. After the demo was over, the manager pulled me aside from my model and the other girl being interviewed and basically reviewed how everything went. She told me I did an amazing job and that I passed. I felt like I was floating on a cloud haha. She also told me what she loved and what I could've done better. I was then told that I will be receiving a call for my last one-on-one. I waited about 2 weeks to receive the call and fortunately did not have to do the final one-on-one interview, instead she skipped that step and offered me a Freelance position. I obviously took it! I should be getting the Permanent position in about 3 months. Overall, the hiring process went very well! There are a couple of important key things to keep in mind; wear makeup! (You're probably like "duh" but you'd be surprised!) *Wear all black professional clothing *Have your resume in hand always *Be confident *Be yourself, I cannot stress that enough *Do your research *Do not let your nerves show. If you do not get the job on your first try please don't give up, keep trying! I wish you all the best of luck on your journey! <3

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in April 2013.

Interview

3 interview. 1 come in with a model and you have 30 min to show them what make up you can do and how you follow direction.
    2. Meet with the Regional managers they make suggestions to you about your make up to see if you can take constructive criticism well.
    3. Meet with the store manager and they just want to know what will bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to work for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Melville, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview. 1st you meet with a manager of a local store and if they like you ,you move on to day 2 . Day 2 you bring you model . There are about 5 other interviewees with you . Don't be nervous that is where I messed up . They want you to focus on customer interaction and no on actually doing a good job applying makeup

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in June 2015.

Interview

If you get asked to come in for a talk through interview, then you will then be asked again (if you are a serious candidate) to come in for a makeup interview in which the candidate shows and demonstrates their makeup skill and customer service skills in a mock-makeover type style.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Generally a 2 part interview. One part consists of you doing makeup on a model & the other part is the verbal interview. This can be done either in a day or split into a couple days.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

There are several steps to become a "permanent" Mac employee. First you apply to become a "freelance artist " which is a on call artist, the interview process is very long and it usually consist of a formal interview and a makeup interview. Once you get hired as a freelance artist you can apply to any openings as a permanent artist after 6 months.

Interview Questions

• If the business is slow at the counter what can you do to drive sales.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The Asst. manager was so beautiful, professional & made me feel welcomed! We talked at first like a regular interview but then the store manager gave her the okay to do a demo interview as well . I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Annapolis, MD) in August 2017.

Interview

I had applied for MAC four different times before getting hired. It took me about four years. The interview process wasn't difficult this time around. It's all in who you know. You have to do a formal sit down interview and a makeup interview. It could take them weeks and sometimes months to follow up if you don't stay proactive and persistent.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MAC Cosmetics?   1 Answer

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Sydney (South Africa)).

Interview

Group interview then one on one interview
    Group interview overview of MAC and what is expected of you
    Skills test apply makeup appropriately it is important to present yourself looking like a professional makeup artist

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in March 2016.

Interview

Strangely instead of going through all the interview process that everyone on here had, myself and a group of 4-5 girls were sent a group email - asking us to come in for a group interview and to bring our make up brushes.
    2 days after the email I went into the pro store to have an interview. it was fairly easy and went by pretty fast.
    Everyone paired up, I was lucky enough to have spoken to and paired up with such a nice girl! We had to take turns acting out like we were actually working in a Mac store as a MUA and also a customer. We were given a scenario and the girl I paired up and I were so comfortable it didn't even feel like we were acting a scene out .
    After that we answered a few basic question on paper. A day later I got a call back from the regional manager for a 1 on 1 interview.
    It went very well! She even told me that I had key factors in which they look for in a Mac employee.
    However ... At the very beginning (group interview) I have already told her and the other managers that I am not willing to work at a certain location which is quite far for me... she read through the store preferences that I have put down. Told me that she knows there is positions available at the location which was too far for me but remembered that I told her I didn't want to work there.
    She told me that I was going into a 'pool' and that whenever there is a position most suitable for me she would call me back. It's been 2 weeks... And I haven't heard back from her.

My question to all you lovely ladies/gents out ther is that should I just wait? Or should I call back and check up? I'm worried that because I said no to working at the store that was too far for me I might've just missed out on the chance to work for Mac?