MAC Cosmetics MAC Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

MAC Cosmetics MAC Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.2

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Perth, Western Australia (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online with SEEK for an airport position and got a phone call perhaps just over a week later and the manager asked me some questions (like a mini-interview) and then perhaps a week after thatI got an email saying they wanted to do a skype interview with me, it was organised with a manager interstate, she was absolutely lovely and encouraging! A week after that I was invited to a face to face interview at the airport. The interview was part talk and questions and part makeup demo (which was super nerve racking!) I walked away thinking I screwed up and there was no way I got it, but a few more weeks later I heard back they were checking my references and just recently I got the job! The whole experience was long but worth it, a lot of waiting but everyone I met was so lovely and just made me feel very valued and excited!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Sydney (South Africa)).

Interview

Group interview then one on one interview
    Group interview overview of MAC and what is expected of you
    Skills test apply makeup appropriately it is important to present yourself looking like a professional makeup artist

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, group Interview at Estée Lauder, questionnaire and skills test then one on one interview. Iwas the oldest one at the interview and they kept asking me about my age. And when we did our skills test we had 20 minutes to do it in. I was given a full face such as moisturizer, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, contour and highlighter. Which you had to share ask the products needed with the 10 others at the interview so of course it wasn't completed in the time. So I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions

• How would I go working with younger people?   1 Answer

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

I did the online application, then 3-4 weeks later I've got a phone call saying I can go for an interview with the MAC store manager here in London. 12 years make-up experience, website, full portfolio including TV work, music video, celebrity clients etc and also 6 months retail experience. Got some trick questions like if I am happy to wear colourful make-up including yellow lips, extreme make-up and also Am I happy to do only foundation application in the first 3 months, because as a newly recruited make-up artist I am only can do give products to customers and test the foundation on them.
    Brave face, up for challenge I said yes.... NO CALL since and I see them wearing normal MAC kinda make-up

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2017.

Interview

Online interview, it only takes about 25 minutes. You'll receive an email with the information regarding how to answer the questions, and you can do it on your own time. It can be done from your smartphone, tablet or computer, as long as it has a camera. From then, you will be asked for a personal interview.

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

It was easy. Went for an informal interview, I was then selected to do another interview with assistant manager, you are then required to do a makeup trial interview to see your skills, and lastly there is a final interview.

MAC Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linkebeek, Flemish Brabant (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Linkebeek, Flemish Brabant (Belgium)).

Interview

Bon déroulement mais l’argument du refus est pour moi hors contexte!car dire à une personne qui a 16 ans d’expérience dans la vente, qu’elle n’a pas d’expérience est celle Mme une insulte ...je l’ai très mal pris .

Interview Questions

• Il ne m’ont pas poser de question sur ma personne !juste à l’entretien vidéo , genre décrivez nous comment vous gérer les différentes clientèles?   Answer Question