MAC Cosmetics Mac Freelance Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.5

Mac Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I Brought in my Resume and was asked questions right away. They gave me a interview the following week! I studied as much as possible! I wanted to be prepared! I was nervous but it was really easy just basic questions.. Then my 2nd interview was the Makeup test! She told me to grab the things I need to accomplish a look that she gave me! I was really nervous but she was more focused on how I interacted with my model. I was offered a position right away!!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Mac Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Torrance, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

There was a two part interview. Everyone's experience is different!!!!!! Part one was a very informal face to face interview. I was actually scouted for this position (I walked into the store and they approached me about working for Mac based on how I looked). I was asked to drop off my resume and I did the very next day. I had my "interview" in the back room with the hiring manager. We mostly laughed and talked. She asked me a few questions. Nothing crazy. I had on my all black and a very beat face.

Part two of the interview was the makeup application. I was interviewed at the store and not at corporate (which most artists are. God really blessed me with this one). I brought my model and brushes, the manager gave me a look and a time limit and I had to perform. I was VERY nervous!!! I dropped nearly everything because my hands were shaking badly. I didn't do the look that she asked for, but the manager taught me a lot even at the interview. By that time I had only did makeup for friends, family and a few clients. I also worked for a smaller cosmetics brand that focused on skincare, so Mac was very different.

At the end of it all, although my makeup was not what she originally requested, -and I didn't even finish, I GOT THE JOB!!!!

Best advice: be confident, open minded and know the store products! The worst thing you can do is over prepare because Mac has a lot of tricks up their sleeves when it comes to interviews done at corporate.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Are you willing to quit your current cosmetics job?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Mac?   Answer Question
    • What kind of client are you most afraid to sit in your chair? i.e. Mature skin? Client with vitiligo? Certain skin color, types or textures?   Answer Question