Find jobs for Makeup Artist

MAC Cosmetics Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 92 of over 452 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Houston, TX)

Interview

It was pretty nice everything you dream of using all kinds of colors they give you two interviews a regular one and a artist interview . And you have to pass other section to get a call back .

Interview Questions
  • Why should we hire you ?
    2 Answers

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in Nov 2020

Interview

Video Interview, every exchange was automated through email. Even the video interview, there wasn't a person, just prompt questions. Seemed like an inefficient way to know if someone is good with people, I'm better in person than on camera with my conversational skills considering you can respond based on someone's energy in the room.

Interview Questions
  • Normal interview questions, but they asked you to explain how to apply a smokey eye to a customer in tiny amount and I definitely got cut off. It was uncomfortable because it was just me with a full face already on trying to show that. Ridiculous set up, they have no idea how well I can do a smokey eye that way or my sales ability.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dallas, TX)

Interview

So here is the breakdown. First, Interview with store Second, Interview with store Manager Third, Practical interview with makeup application and a live model Lastly, Job offer and start date to begin

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY)

Interview

Process went on for over 2 months. The location was told after I applied and it was at JFK airport. The manager (newly from NJ) was really unorganized and unprofessional. She was rude and needed more training on the hiring process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a client.

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Did the application form online a few actually, then did the online video interview which I absolutely hate. If you don't understand a question you have no one to expand on it. now I've been asked to come in for recuitment assessment day which I don't know what that is?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Applied 3 times online and did and you had to video yourself answering questions. Said they would get back to me whether I got an interview or not and did not hear back from any of my applications. Very unresponsive and put me off applying again

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Orlando, FL) in Jun 2019

Interview

Easy going & laidback interview. Must have a love for makeup or artistry. Consistently optimistic and ready to make sales. There is also a systematic way to talk to clients that they enforce on you daily. The hiring manager is looking for someone who is positive, fast paced, personable and can collaborate creatively with teammates & clients. They will also ask you to do a makeup demo on someone you know or random then time you on how fast you can practice sanitation & a face (forgot how long)

Interview Questions
  • What would you do with a client that is unhappy with the outcome of her makeup look?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Sydney) in Jan 2019

Interview

It was one on one . Like casual chat about me . Like what i do, what are my qualifications. Where i study? How much i have experience in this industry. Then i have been asked what I expect. About availability, am i taking any holidays n Christmas time and fortunately i was going overseas and i said the truth. That must be the reason they didnt select me .

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your self,i study? How much i have experience in this industry. Then i have been asked what I expect. About availability, am i taking any holidays n Christmas time and fortunately i was going overseas and i said the truth. That must be the reason they didnt select me .

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Did a video interview which involved being asked a bunch of questions about how you would handle certain situations on the shop floor. Also asked questions about how you would describe your style and how you would fit in well to MACs team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

I had a 4 part interview over 3 weeks. I did a quick phone interview. The I was invited to an in person interview. I came into the M.A.C store spoke with the recruiter did a lipstick consult. That went well. I was then invited to a Makeup interview with my model. Then I was interviewed by a counter mgr. Then offered a position and invited to training.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Interviews