MAC Cosmetics Retail Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Retail Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.2

Retail Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Interview is very straight forward. They ask for no technical questions, or difficult questions. They start by asking you to walk them through your resume. Then some questions on your previous work experience, what you did and what you have learned from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

it was 3 stages, it took a while to hear back from each but i'm guessing that's because there were so many applicants.
    1st was telephone interview with estee lauder, then a face to face with counter manager and area manager, then a skill test with one of the trainers. Finally a store approval with the department store

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Bath, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after submitting my application I received an email straight away to do an online digital interview within 5 days. This is where you record yourself answering questions and send them back.

Interview Questions

• How does your personal style and values reflect that of MAC?   Answer Question

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Leeds, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Indeed, group interview followed by individual interview.
    Rang me that night told me I need to do a trade test (makeup test) and to find a model and bring my own brushes.
    At trade test was in Harvey Nics, told me i had 20 mins to focus on 2 features, one must be skin. I had to walk around store find my products then the time began. Gave me feedback and took a photo of my Model.
    Heard back within a week and offered me the job.

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Webcam interview, telephone interview, face to face in branch interview, trade test, store approval.. Very daunting and difficult.. All I would say is be yourself! Not what you think they want you to be(The MAC way)

Interview Questions

• How is my personal style and Mac's values similar?   1 Answer

Retail Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an automated response for a video interview, Did not get past video interview as they sent a blunt email telling me I failed, thought it went well but was wrong as I was clearly not well prepared enough

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied firstly online through Estée Lauder and received an email asking me to complete a video interview, these were questions like how do you fit into the Mac culture, what key skills do you have. I then revived a phone call asking me to come in for an interview a few days later and wear all black, this was in store and I was asked questions like Why Mac? Who are Macs greatest competitors and what can I bring to the store, I took a small photo album with me with pictures of different make up looks id done on myself and friends, nothing professional, just to show my enthusiasm, the day after I received another phone call to come in for a trade test along with feedback, this was great as they really did comment on every little thing I said, the trade test is where I do someone's makeup, I was asked to bring my own model and own brushes, I'd seen so much online about they make you swap models however I was doing makeup on my own model who I'd brought (my friend) it was just me doing her make up and 2 other ladies watching, honestly I was panicking and revising products for no reason, the lady asked me to do a full face make up with either eye or lip makeup and to make my customer feel welcome as if she was a client. It was sort of like role play I had to greet my customer and ask what makeup she would like and she said eye makeup, the observer already had all of the primers moisturisers wipes and fix+ laid out, she went brought all the products and told me what they were for and how to prep the face, then she told me to chose just a foundation and concealer and took me outside and showed me where they were and stood by me as I picked a few colours to test, she didn't ask me to chose any contour, eyebrow or highlighter products so I revised them all for nothing lol, she then just showed me about 4/5 eyeshadow palettes and asked me to chose one based on what my client wanted (she wanted something natural) I then took them back into the room and started applying for 30min, I made a few mistakes such as too much concealer, forgetting to apply shadow to the under eyes, accidentally smudging the mascara and forgetting to clean my brush after all due to nerves, however the make up at the end looked flawless as my model had great skin which helped! I was then asked to close the sale and received a bit of feedback and then I left, the day after I received an offer!!! Lengthy process but it is fun, just try to stay calm and don't stress as you don't even use that many products, I also took like 100 brushes and was asked to use and take only a few so limit them please! Good luck I hope this helps most of you as I found Glassdoor reviews weren't detailed enough when I looked!

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call from the Assistant Manager a few days later to set up an interview. At the interview, I got an invite back to complete a trade test (doing makeup on a model) in front of the trainer.

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application lead to a telephone interview with HR. Once successful I was told my details would be passed to the relevant counter manager and I'd be contacted in due course. After two weeks I chased is phone call and was called the next morning and invited for a face to face interview. After this was a trade test where I was in a group of other applicants being asked questions during a makeup application and at the end was told I'd hear via telephone shortly.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of beauty?   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Retail Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Milton Keynes, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

They asked me why i wanted to work for Mac cosmetics, they also asked me how i would sell a foundation to a customer and if i had a retail experience. they said that after applying for one position i could not apply for something els and needed to reapply in three months.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Mac cosmetics   2 Answers