MAC Cosmetics Retail Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Retail Makeup Artist Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Hire value first interview . Digital. It s a creepy think to tale to yourselve about how you are supose to be eligibile for the job. So, I think I made a full of myself

Interview Questions

• Too many questions about the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Dearborn, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and informative process. There was a verbal interview followed by two Makeup interviews. Last interview is done with a regional trainer who provides great feedback about product knowledge and what to expect once hired.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Easy, more on selling than on artistry.
    Get your best face on, it's great if you foloow trends and can speak to it, that's always impressive, because one of MAC's main focus are trends.

Retail Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

quick interview at the store when i dropped of my resume then it was a group interview and makeup application test .. they will ask you to bring a model (they will switch models when its time to do the makeup)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Greenbelt, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview was very smooth. I went to their training facility in Greenbelt, MD and did a 30 minute makeup application demo on a friend. Moments later, I had a sit down interview with one of the trainers and an exec. Took about 3 weeks to get an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What trends do I follow?
      What are my makeup inspirations?
      What would I bring to the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (College Station, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

In person interview - then if you were chosen to further the application process, you were asked back again to bring a model and have a makeup interview on a model in the natural way in which you would interact with a customer.

Interview Questions

• What are your biggest struggles when working with a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Silver Spring, MD) in December 2016.

Interview

Drop you resume off at a counter, first interview is verbal with manager, then it's the skills interview where makeup techniques are tested, then one on one with trainer to discuss pay/ work description

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on indeed and basically got the email to come in for a verbal interview and a makeup demo. In the verbal interview they will mainly ask you costumer service based questions, for the makeup demo you are asked to bring in a model and have about 20-25 mins to complete a look. The artistry instructors will basically pick how much time they wanna give you, and whether or not they want to switch your models on the spot so be prepared for anything basically. During the demo your also expected to bring your own clean brushes. And they will pull your model and give them a senerio. They did not switch my model and basically gave us 20 mins to do a glowy skin/bold lip look. Interact with your client they aren't really looking for much Artistry skill they want to see that you can make conversation and can give the client what they want. Bold lip means RED, pull in skin care for brownie points.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went outta your way for a costumer   2 Answers
    • How do you handle a difficult costumer   Answer Question

Retail Makeup Artist Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in August 2009.

Interview

The girl interviewing me was very outspoken and detail oriented, you could easily tell. She asked me first what my position is and how long I've been with my retailer. She told me the position she was interviewing for and even though I didn't want the position because it was on call I continued with the interview thinking she might know someone who is hiring and could pass my resume along. She asked me if my goal for that day is $500 and I'm only at three hundred dollars with two hours to go, what am I going to do to get that money in. She asked me to sell her a red lipstick. So I asked her would you be wearing this lipstick to work or out on a date? Do you want it matte or to sparkle or shine? Have you tried wearing it with a lip liner or lipgloss? She also asked me if it was my first interview with mac, and that next time if i interview again to wear all black.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me a red lip stick?   2 Answers

I didn't want the position because it was a conflict of interest with my current job and I couldn't quit my full time job to be "on-call"

Retail Makeup Artist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

If you are hired within a department store, there is usually an interview with the MAC counter manager, the cosmetic department manager and sometimes the MAC counter manager's manager. That is a total of 2-3 interviews followed by a makeup demonstration. If you hired within a MAC store it is usually an interview with the store manager and assistant store manager followed by a makeup demonstration. During the makeup demo, you are asked to bring in a model and do a basic makeup application and then turn it into a night look.

Interview Questions

• Booking events: You have one day to book a number of events, how will you do it?   Answer Question