MAC Cosmetics Retail Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAC Cosmetics Retail Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at MAC Cosmetics

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Birmingham, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

Took a long time to see if I was selected or not! I had to have a business plan and explain how I planned to turn around business despite the steady incline of sales!

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to drive sales despite sales trending down for brick and mortar businessses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for MAC Cosmetics

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics in January 2012.

Interview

You wil go through about 5 interviews. The last being an application interview. The process takes a while. Do not get fustrated as they are busy and have issues finding time to make time for you. Ensure you are flexible and meet their needs to show that you are dedicated to wanting this job. They expect you to jump when they say jump because if you don't someone else will.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

The company prefers promotion from within. Posting for other locations often is encouraged and are published twice a week. Career calls are often utilized to recruit from outside the brand.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about MAC? Why do you want to/ work for MAC?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Emeryville, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview with several of the regional managers at the Training Facility. Ensure to have your resume and business plan ready. Dress in MAC black, as if you were to start working on the sales floor that day. It is essential that you are very organized, have a huge sense of urgency, are highly motivated, are a fast learner, can easily adapt to learning processes of paperwork and how to complete them. Also, it is very important to be detail oriented in understanding the different forms MAC uses to run their business.

Interview Questions

• Go into detail about what your plans are for turning this MAC location into a successful one?   Answer Question

Retail Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter, 4 phone interviews, in-person interview and makeup demo, 1 more phone interview, then the offer.

Interview Questions

• Standardized questions... next 5 years, "how would you handle...", etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

My salary requirements were met with the first offer, and i accepted

Retail Manager Interview

Interview

I had a two hour interview face to face in a office lots of situational questions, not a lot of back and forth conversation. She wrote down everything I was saying.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had difficulty getting others to accept a new way of doing things? What was your approach? Were you successful?   Answer Question