MAHLE Powertrain Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2018

Sort:

Analysis Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain (Farmington Hills, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

HR phone screen first to check my backgorund and related knowledge.
    After a week or two, received phone call from hiring manager to schedule a informal discussion with him on-site. During the on-site interview, went through my resume and have casual chat about personal experience. After this, invited to a group interview, with more people at different levels in the company, and were asked more technical questions

Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain (Farmington Hills, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

1. meet HR with a lot of personal motivation questions: why you want to leave; what did you learn from previous company; what do you like this job; did this job fit you...
    2. technical question with manager and technique leader

Interview Questions

• 1. why I want to leave current company
      2. demonstrate my research experience in university and work experience in current company;
      3. how do I manage my model/software for my university research work, and how am I familiar with the engine control and modeling software tools
      4....   Answer Question

Engine Test Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain.

Interview

Smooth , and well planned , relaxed and comforting. Hr was really sweet and guided me to the interviewing room. Interview panel was about 2-3 moving in and out, very busy schedules for interviewers. Friendly and kind

Interview Questions

• How would you keep yourself motivated even if the task is repetitive?   Answer Question

Ptc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain (Troy, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy, basic questions. Asked mostly about work and school experience and what we know from both experiences. it was me and 3 engineers in one room and they asked me simple questions and were very nice

CNC Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain.

Interview

Put in CV offered job, joined first through agency whole process from sending CV to offer took at least a day and a half. Apparently it is more rigorous now. Shouldn't complain got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

See above

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellingborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain (Wellingborough, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

A two stage process, one with the quality manager and a second with the head of the division. This was a formal meeting to understand how my experience met with the needs of the business. This was a technical Q & A session with a large quantity of my experience being held into question.
    I met separately with the HR team, mainly to be introduced and to answer any questions i had.
    There was a tour of the facility and the second site over the road, all in all this took 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with QDAS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I rejected the first offer and was quickly offered a second.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wellingborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain (Wellingborough, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Spoke with HR and the time production manager.
    Both seemed friendly but the HR lady couldn't answer simple questions.
    I met with the head of the department who asked all the normal questions, seemed to be more interested in engineering experience rather than accomplishments.

Afterwards HR managed to send my CV to the wrong person.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in engineering.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very little to negotiate, I needed a position and the company was not keen to up the pay.

Undergraduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MAHLE Powertrain in February 2018.

Interview

Two interviewers will go through a booklet of technical questions based on knowledge gained from university modules. I would recommend brushing up on mechanics skills as well doing some background reading on IC engines.