MANA Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MANA Group

2.2

Sort:

Entry Level PR/Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MANA Group.

Interview

The office is located near wall st and is in a great location. However, it was going through some renovations and there was no one at the front desk when I arrived. I had to walk around the office until I finally found someone in the back. I told her I was there for an interview and she chuckled and said "oh ok...umm just wait". It was not very professional.

The interview process itself was not difficult, she barely looked over my resume and just asked me what skills I had and when the earliest I could start. She went on to explain more about what they do, and the position did not seem like the entry-level PR/Marketing job I had initially applied to. All they do is go to companies and ask for donations. It is door to door sales.

The second part of the interview is to "shadow" an employee and spend the day with them. They basically call in the top 10 candidates and ask them to come in and see how you do in the field. However, I decided to not go to the second part of the interview because of the bad vibe I got from the office.

They definitely need to make sure to actually have someone at the front desk, especially if there is someone coming in for an interview. They should be more descriptive of the job descriptions online because the job I initially applied for did not say anything about door to door sales.

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, they just asked about my skills and nothing else.   Answer Question

Wasn't completely impressed with the company and did not want to do door to door sales

Entry Level Non-profit Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MANA Group.

Interview

I received an email from the company after posting my resume on indeed. I was a little skeptical, but i looked up reviews of the company and they seemed legitimate, so I decided to check out what it was about. I went into the office and was greeted by a lady at a desk. I told her I was there for an interview, and she asked me "with which company?" I said Mana group, and was given a form to fill out and asked to include my resume, which I was told to bring. After waiting about half an hour I was greeted by a manager and asked a few brief but simple question - what were my best and worst qualities (which was a little tough to answer), my educational background, my goals, and what set me apart. Afterwards, we shook hands and I was told that they would be getting together with the higher ups to decide which of the many interviewers that day would be called back for second round interviews. I was called later and told that I got it, and told that my interview stuck out especially. I got the feeling that they were trying to sell me this job, which I thought was weird. I went to the second interview the next day, and I was asked for my resume a second time. I told them I had received it before. There were many more people in the waiting room this time around, looking just as confused as me. Eventually a supervisor came to greet me and another candidate and take us out for a "job shadowing" experience. Communicating with the person there with me, I found out we were both equally confused as to what was going on. The supervisor took us out with another supervisor and their own candidates, and took us on a long, convoluted ride through the subway to reach their destination (and we had to pay for our own fare, which we were not informed about). To my dismay, when we reached our "destination," we never ended up leaving the subway - the supervisor then told us about the organization that Mana is currently partnered with (a wildlife charity fund) proceeded to begin approaching every stranger that walked by to try to gather donations for this company. I then knew this was another one of those direct marketing companies hiring door-to-door salesmen disguised by a shady and cryptic interview process. I informed the supervisor that the position wasn't for me and headed back on the train home. Oh yeah, and as expected, no base salary- purely commission gathered from bothering people for their disposable income.

Interview Questions

• None- it was too easy, and that was the problem. I should be trying to convince THEM to hire me not the other way around.   Answer Question

No base salary