MAQ Software Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

3.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I interviewed at MAQ Software (Redmond, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on my University's job website. A recruiter called me a few days later and we had an introductory phone conversation, and then a couple weeks later I went in for a technical interview.

At the technical interview I talked to a Software Engineer who asked me technical questions, and then I talked to the recruiter who I talked to on the phone about behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The Software Engineer asked me how I would design the tables for a database that kept track of customer information and purchase information for an online shopping site.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MAQ Software

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAQ Software (East (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online Test :
    There were 25 questions and 2 coding questions. 25 questions were basic aptitude questions. The two questions which I was asked to code was -
    1) Decimal to Hexadecimal Conversion
    2) Form a 5 digit minimum number with sum of its digits given by the user.

Technical :
    Questions from my C.V. was generally asked. Also focus on SQL (queries and fundamentals). As I had projects on Web Development. Basic question from that was asked. It wasn't that tough though. Out of 48, 12 were selected for the 2nd round.

Technical + HR :
    I was asked all kinds of questions, starting from testing to giving my views on new technologies and so on. No problems were asked. Again few SQL questions as expected. Then finally about my family background.
    I cleared this round too and was offered the job letter.

Interview Questions

• Expect puzzle questions. But dont worry, the interviewer will help you through out.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There was an aptitude test, an offline coding round followed by a technical interview and a HR interview. There were 2 questions in the offline coding round. One of them was a snake and ladder problem and the other one was to print the elements of a matrix spirally. In the technical round, they asked me to explain both the codes, asked me around 20 Java questions, 10 SQL questions, made me write a Java code and a SQL code. Java code was finding the number of 7's in a given range. Finally, they asked me 2 puzzles. One of them was 2 eggs 100 floors puzzle and the other was to measure 2 litres using a 3 litre and a 5 litre measuring jar. The HR was a typical personality test. I found the HR round more difficult than the technical round. Overall, the interview experience was good and I was selected.

Interview Questions

• Find the number of 7's in a given range   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software.

Interview

Written test consisting of aptitude questions. It was followed by a round of Technical Interview for selected candidates. Those who cleared the first round had to go through another Technical + HR round of interview.

Application

Interview

30 minutes 30 questions with negative marking- the tests was doable but speed and presence of mind matters. There was an algorithm test too.
    In the technical round, I was asked questions on oop, dbms and my internships. Was given puzzles to solve. The interviewers are highly professional.

Application

Interview

There were four rounds.
    Round 1:
    This round was an offline written round.It consisted of 30 aptitiude questions and the given time was 30 mins.

-Time and Work
    -Calendars
    -Mixtures
    and other classic questions like the horse racing puzzle
    There was negative marking for wrong answers.

Round 2:
    This round was an offline coding round. It consisted of two questions.Time alloted was 30 mins.

-N Queen
    -Dutch National Flag
    One could write pseudo code/algorithm/full code.

Around 18 people were selected for the interview rounds based on the previous two rounds(but the weightage of the first round was more).

There were total 2 interview/technical rounds.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. About the family background.
      3. Rate yourself in data structures(array,string,binary tree,BST etc).
      4. What is indexing in DBMS? Types of indexing? How you can implement indexing using B-tree and B+ tree? Lot of discussion on B-tree and B+ tree-insertion and deletion.
      5. What is BST? Give a real-life example.
      6. What are the types of link list? How to detect and remove a loop in link list?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Ghaziabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The Recruitment process was divided into 5 parts. First there was an Aptitude round consisting of 30 questions to be answered in 30 mins followed by a pen paper based Algorithm test. Candidates selected in the above two rounds were invited for technical Interview.
    There were three technical interview. In first technical round i was asked to write few codes and then some basic java questions were asked and then in round two i was asked to code for sudoku problem, i failed to clear for the next round. There was no HR interview. They wanted a hardcore Coder.

Interview Questions

• Q: Write a program for ANAGRAM
      Q: Write a program to check is there a unique character in a String
      Q: Explain Polymorphism, class, objects, static   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1st round was a aptitude round ..general aptitude plus 2 algorithm question ..it is followed by 2 interviews both technical.they may ask u to code a game..interviewer was very friendly and he is helped me alot wherever i stuck

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAQ Software (Ghaziabad (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

1 Aptitude test
    2 algo writing
    3 2 tech interviews
    it was a simple aptitude round. you will get two questions to either write code or algorithm.
    we were asked to implement snake and ladders and spiral matrix.

Application

Interview

1) paper/pen IQ:(30 min 30 ques quant, puzzle)
    2) pen/paper algo:spiral traversing,snake n ladder game
    3) 2 technical personal interviews
    questions such as linked list reversal, dutch flag, string reversal
         program-sudoku to play,series with multiple inheritance,
            water jug problem(3,5,8), sql- to count people of all states in india