MAXIMUS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAXIMUS Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2018

2.5

Corporate Trainer Interview

Application

I interviewed at MAXIMUS in June 2014.

Interview

Detailed interview process. Initial screening interview was conducted by HR, then a secondary interview was conducted by the head of the Training department, last interview was in-person and conducted by the management team.

Outreach Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with the director and two program managers. They were very nice and gave me detailed information on the position; what I should expect and what they expect from me. After the interview, I was given a tour around the office to get a feel of how the work environment would be. It was quick, painless, and actually an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable giving orientations to new clients that came into the program.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAXIMUS.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my college portal, and was assigned an interview date with the main recruiter. I wasn't aware that there was an information session the day prior to my interview, but he certainly made it clear that he was annoyed by my absence. He was about as meticulous of an interviewer as can be, almost robotic. He would ask a question, thrust his pen into his paper and start writing notes as soon as you began to talk. After going on plenty of interviews throughout my senior year of college, this was easily the worst interview I had and it was definitely his demeanor and borderline hostility that threw me off. I would look elsewhere if you have options as he had a difficult time making the job sound attractive at all. The role is going to be unfulfilling and the pay is below average. Even the recruiter himself was just absolutely unpleasant to speak with. Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a conflict you had at a previous workplace, and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MAXIMUS.

Interview

On campus interview and recruiting process. First round interview was 4 questions - Describe a time when you had to work extensively to finish a product. Describe a time when you showed initiative. Describe a time when you worked with a large data set. One addition question along these lines.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work extensively to finish a product. - Difficulty in demonstrating work harder vs smarter   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Durham, NC) in October 2015.

Interview

They asked me basic behavioral questions, such as walk me through your resume, what's your biggest strength, what's your biggest weakness. The guy who interviewed me was only there for about a year and just graduated. Not sure if they chose him to interview me because I'm a current senior. The interview was relaxed and they didn't ask any hard questions.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume, what's your biggest strength, what's your biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Reston, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview was on my college campus and very friendly/behavioral based. The second was at the corporate HQ in Reston, VA. Again, very friendly, more behavioral questions. The second interview consisted of three separate interviews. The first two were with employees my age (I really appreciated that, it made me more comfortable) followed by a director of finance. All very friendly, welcoming and put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team setting and how did it go?   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MAXIMUS in March 2015.

Interview

I got an on campus interview with MAXIMUS. There are 6 behavioral questions and most of them are straight forward. After the first round interview they flew me out for the second interview to their headquarter in DC. During the second interview, I talked with 3 different people from this position and they are very nice. I think the second interview was easier than the first interview because most of the time they just explained about the responsibilities for as an Associate Analyst.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have to deal with unhappy customer   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Reston, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

WOW THIS WAS THE WORST INTERVIEW I HAVE EVER HAD. First, i interviewed on my college campus in AUGUST. I was told within a couple of weeks I would be flown to Reston for an on-site interview, and after multiple follow up attempts, I gave up. Finally in MARCH I was again contacted. After multiple email exchanges, I was promised three interview dates, canceled on within days before, and then finally scheduled.

In the office I interviewed with three separate people. The first two were average, but the third was horrible. He hunched over my resume, repeated things on my resume to me without asking questions, barely made eye contact with me, and as I tried to be engage he mostly ignored me. Finally he looks up and asks me why I was there, and told me he didn't think I was interested in health work, AFTER MAJORING IN PUBLIC HEALTH.

The horrible HR experience should have given me insight into how the rest of the company acted and behaved, but it was even worse than I imagined. If their interview process is anything like working for the company full time, this would be the worst company I could ever imagine working for.

Interview Questions

• Are you a more quantitative or qualitative person? How do you go about solving interpersonal problems?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Reston, VA) in June 2010.

Interview

Quick behavioral based interviews that use pretty run of the mill questions. People don't talk a whole lot and let you make or break the interview. Seems like they care a lot about past experience in stressful situations and how you resolved those situations. Also care a lot about time management skills

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with an upset customer.   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAXIMUS (Reston, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was first interviewed at a college and then called into the Reston office for a day interview. Both interviews were fairly simple - basic behavioral questions, experiential questions, and future plans. During the day interview, the other interviewees and I were first taken out to lunch with people in similar positions. They were great to talk to. I then interviewed with 3 other people at varying positions and we talked about the work they do and what the position would entail. I recall talking to one gentleman in a higher level position who asked me to clarify what NGO stood for, which I found odd considering where he was working.

I was not hired, but the recruiters never informed me of this. I sent 3-4 e-mails to the main recruiter which went unanswered.