MB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MB Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2017

2.4

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

Two Interviews all about procedures. They ask Questions surrounding policy and procedure. They were interested in how you handle client information and private portfolios. They look for attnetion to detail.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

I was an intern there throughout the summer and applied as suggested by the HR presentation that was given during the program. It took a while for responses and follow ups after multiple phone interviews. Candidacy was unclear a lot of the times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, just asked me to explain my resume and talk through it. Had basic questions about my experiences in past jobs and education. Just interviewed with one leader for the leadership program. Felt that it went okay, but heard back a week later through email that they had went with other candidates.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Roseville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through a campus career site. Interviewed on campus, and was flown out to their Roseville office for a Superday. Superday consisted of lunch with executives, followed by two interviews, a tour of the office, and an essay exam.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

First Round interview was very informal. Laid back interviewer with basic behavioral questions. Seems to be a pretty slow process but the program is interesting. Just review your resume and have examples for very basic behavioral questions.

LDP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an internship at MB Financial the summer prior to receiving an offer and had an amazing internship experience. I was given real, significant work to do which aided in my realization of my desire to work in the banking world.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in banking?   1 Answer

Leader Development Program - Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and got into the final interview round at the company's headquarter in Rosemont, IL after 3 interview rounds. The on-site interview lasted 1.5 hour with 3 different people. 2 of them are Retail executives and the other one was with a HR rep. All of them are very conversational and focused on your past personal experience. One of the executives even gave me MB M&Ms at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely no "Tell me about a time when..." question at all. They asked you more about things listed on your resume. Of course, some typical questions on Why retail banking? Why MB? Why Chicago?...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews, very basic questions. Asked about your resume, your background in relationship to the position, few behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes each.
    Takes minimal preparation, as long as you can think on your feet it is an east interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was professional and fair. It was a face to face interview with the hiring manger. Get to know your resume very well. Get clear in your head the different responsibilities you had and how you went about to execute it. Refresh in your mind the time frame for each of the different work that you were involved in it and also remember how many people were working with you and what were they responsibility in it. All questions were about the resume; what did you do, for how long? how many people were involved? There was not more than that.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

Brief screening interview with current LDP employee, went over brief details of the position. The questions were laid out for the interviewer on a sheet, and the questions did not go beyond the sheet. It wasn't a tough interview, just not a very personable or experienced interviewer. Would have preferred to interview with a more experienced member of the team in order to have a better flow with the conversation. When leaving the interview I wasn't very excited about the possibility.

Interview Questions

• Why MB Financial? What was a time in which you were taken outside your comfort zone?   Answer Question