MB Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MB Financial Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, just asked me to explain my resume and talk through it. Had basic questions about my experiences in past jobs and education. Just interviewed with one leader for the leadership program. Felt that it went okay, but heard back a week later through email that they had went with other candidates.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Roseville, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through a campus career site. Interviewed on campus, and was flown out to their Roseville office for a Superday. Superday consisted of lunch with executives, followed by two interviews, a tour of the office, and an essay exam.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

First Round interview was very informal. Laid back interviewer with basic behavioral questions. Seems to be a pretty slow process but the program is interesting. Just review your resume and have examples for very basic behavioral questions.

LDP Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I had an internship at MB Financial the summer prior to receiving an offer and had an amazing internship experience. I was given real, significant work to do which aided in my realization of my desire to work in the banking world.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in banking?   1 Answer

Leader Development Program - Retail Banking Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through employee referral and got into the final interview round at the company's headquarter in Rosemont, IL after 3 interview rounds. The on-site interview lasted 1.5 hour with 3 different people. 2 of them are Retail executives and the other one was with a HR rep. All of them are very conversational and focused on your past personal experience. One of the executives even gave me MB M&Ms at the beginning of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely no "Tell me about a time when..." question at all. They asked you more about things listed on your resume. Of course, some typical questions on Why retail banking? Why MB? Why Chicago?...   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 phone interviews, very basic questions. Asked about your resume, your background in relationship to the position, few behavioral questions. Lasted about 30 minutes each.
    Takes minimal preparation, as long as you can think on your feet it is an east interview.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was professional and fair. It was a face to face interview with the hiring manger. Get to know your resume very well. Get clear in your head the different responsibilities you had and how you went about to execute it. Refresh in your mind the time frame for each of the different work that you were involved in it and also remember how many people were working with you and what were they responsibility in it. All questions were about the resume; what did you do, for how long? how many people were involved? There was not more than that.

Credit Analyst - LDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MB Financial.

Interview

Brief screening interview with current LDP employee, went over brief details of the position. The questions were laid out for the interviewer on a sheet, and the questions did not go beyond the sheet. It wasn't a tough interview, just not a very personable or experienced interviewer. Would have preferred to interview with a more experienced member of the team in order to have a better flow with the conversation. When leaving the interview I wasn't very excited about the possibility.

Interview Questions

• Why MB Financial? What was a time in which you were taken outside your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief on-campus interview mostly just explaining the program and the role of the position. Then a group interview at the company headquarters in Rosemont, IL. It consisted of a networking lunch, informal discussion with current LDP employees, writing sample, office tour, and 2 30 minute interviews.

Credit Analyst LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rosemont, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MB Financial (Rosemont, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university. Selected to interview on campus. Invited to Rosemont for half-day interview.

I initially thought the program wasn't very selective because my on campus interview went terribly. I did all the things you aren't supposed to do as a candidate (ie. my phone went off, I was nervous and ineloquent ect.) so needless to say I was surprised when I had been invited back for final rounds at the end of the month. Turns out the actual interviewers don't have a lot of say in who gets selected to move on to the final round-just make sure you research the company and can answer the question, "why mb", in an educated and SPECIFIC way.

I was initially overwhelmingly impressed with MB's setup. As its currently recruiting season, I've been through multiple interview processes in the last few months and thought MB's luncheon with senior members of the bank was impressive. While the setup was nice, It was also what turned me off from accepting an offer here. The first thing that I noticed after everyone was seated was that there was less than 10 women. This would have been fine, I understand banking is typically a predominately male sector anyway, but the conversation was about football and sports for the entire hour and about how different interviewees knew other people in the bank. Needless to say, I felt very out of place and struggled to make conversation which had not been an issue at any other company.

After lunch, we were escorted to a separate room where we met in small groups with a current LDP and 2 other candidates. Our LDP took us on a tour and escorted us to a various offices for our 2-30 minute long interviews. During our tour, I noticed that that while there were quite a few young LDPs, most of the company (especially the higher-ups) were older, with very few young-middle aged individuals. It became pretty apparent that as MB grows through mergers and acquisitions of other niche banks, it often uses the management of the acquired banks to fill higher positions-making it difficult for people who have been at MB since graduation (i.e. this position), to advance. This could explain why it seemed to me that young talent tends to leave after the first 3 years or so. Also, they will try to convert you to the sales team.

also, very keen to stay local-no growth

Interview Questions

• why banking (writing prompt)
      difficult situation