MBDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

MBDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.9

Systems Design and Validation Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Filton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Filton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

All the usual background information and competency questions in the initial application form.
    Found out several months later that I'd been invited for an assessment day - this was to consist of a group task with other applicants, a presentation, and an interview.
    The presentation topic was given in a separate email a couple of weeks after the initial assessment day invitation, the presentation was to be made and sent to MBDA within 2 weeks.

The interview day ran smoothly, all staff were friendly throughout. The group project involved a design related task with a short presentation of results after 45 minutes of preparation time. This whole task was observed by 4-5 assessors, they also questioned our design choices after the presentation.

Following the group work, we had to deliver our pre-planned presentations one at a time to the 4-5 assesors. The 10 minute presentation was then followed by 5 minutes of questions which related to the presentation and our ideas on related topics.

Following this we went for a lunch, paid for by MBDA in their cafeteria.
    After lunch we returned back to the assessment area and went to interviews, this was with 2 assessors.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MBDA - products / services / background etc.
      What are the issues you think surround our work - this was then led into possible issues regarding exports/markets/dealing with international customers.
      Why the specific role was applied for

The usual competency based questions:
      Give examples of... Teamwork, displaying integrity, dealing with a difficult person, had to meet a strict/tight deadline.

Relating experience in degree course to areas within the company
      CV based questions - picking up on past work and project experience
      Areas of my course I'd specifically enjoyed

The later part of the interview was more of an interesting chat and I was also given the opportunity to ask the assessors questions
      1 Answer

Placement (12 Months) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed some online assessments, was then invited to an assessment day in Bristol.

The day consisted of a group task, requiring us to work together to solve a problem. We then gave a small 10 minute presentation to some senior members of the department followed by a 2-on-1 competency based interview with a series of technical questions to test your knowledge, not difficult at all they just want to see if you know the basics.

The competency part was like most other interviews, use context to back up your attributes.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure?
      Another was about describing a time you had to deal with someone difficult and if it annoyed you.
      1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial application forms fairly standard, list of skills and behavioural questions. Following this online numerical and language tests - again fairly standard. Was told I could be called for an assessment day, but I wasn't. HR seemed to be a nice though, but I feel they missed out on an opportunity to hire me.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application forms and testing. Invitation to assessment day. Comprises of three tasks: group task, presentation on a subject emailed to you two weeks prior and a 2:1 interview. Technical questions broad but not overly difficult, make sure to have plenty of answers for competency style questions, particularly team work associated.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement and what barriers did you overcome to achieve this?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application/tests, followed by assessment centre. Online application simple enough (usual filling in of forms etc), similarly simple with the test. Assessment centre involved a group task with the other interviewees, a presentation to some employees, and a 2 to 1 interview. A brief summary of the possible job was also given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple - job offer given the day after the interview.

MBDA Software Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was sent an email invite to complete an online aptitude test by Saville Consulting. It was the typical verbal, numerical, and diagrammatic tests that most graduate schemes ask you to complete. Another week gone by, I received an email that I had met the required benchmark for the graduate scheme and would be invited to an assessment day at their Bristol site and was told that I would receive an interview pack two weeks before the day. Part of the assessment day pack included a title that I would need to make a 10 minute presentation about, which in this scenario was about designing the software for a missile system component. The final step then was to attend the assessment day, which involved a group exercise, the presentation, and a 2:1 competency based interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for graduates, though people with a master's get a little more money.

Systems Summer Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

The assessment day started with an introduction to the company and FDP (Formal Development Program) that the company has for all graduates, undergraduates and summer placement students. After this we had a group task, lunch with some current graduates, a short presentation task and a 1 hour interview with two engineers.

Engineering Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA in January 2016.

Interview

Very HR based, read question of sheet, write answer down repeat.
    Technical Questions related to role, very easy questions. Coding job, how would I sum each element in an array.
    Group exercise, very generic make a presentation with 45 mins prep. Interviews didn't seem interested in presentation.
    Worse interview I've ever had, not because it was hard but they literally did what was on the sheet of paper and nothing else. No initiative by the interviewers to really understand if you could do the role.
    I think the job was selected based off who they liked best.

Principal Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and easy going. Was asked a series of questions based on competancy related and technical aspects. Interview process took about 1.5 hours. This included the initial security checks upon arrival.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you know about MBDA.   1 Answer

Summer Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application form online, followed by some online verbal and numerical reasoning tests. I was then invited to an assessment day which started with a presentation about the company, followed by a group task, lunch (where we had the opportunity to chat to some of the people on the graduate scheme), an individual presentation and an interview.