MBDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

MBDA Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Sep 12, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview arranged via recruiter. First up, disappointed that such a large company will not meet nor entertain the idea of cost sharing interview related travel expenses. Especially as process requires two interviews, which do add up (flights, hotel, hire car etc).

That aside, interview process was well organised and structured - all be it being taken late to the interview (first impressions etc.). I treat interviews as two way: I sell myself, and the company sell themselves.

Interview lasted approx 2.5hrs during which the interview was more conversational that standard Q&A type approach. I was able to lead the conversation and get to know the 3 interviewers just as much as they were I.

Second interview was with the technical heads of the project you would be working on. They discuss their project, team etc. and an adult conversation ensues about which project may best suit. Later they then decide which team you will be best placed in.

Feedback was received in a very timely manner however then comes the dreaded wait on Security Clearance!

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us what you know about the company i.e. DO YOUR RESEARCH   Answer Question
    • Q: Typical competency based questions from their on, with a focus on scheduling more than costs. Communication etc.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MBDA.

Interview

Interview arranged via recruitment agency. Interview with three managers based around competencies. Lots of questions requiring examples of how different scenarios have been handled in previous roles. Research into the company and its products is essential. Nice place to be, welcoming and well organised. 2 hour interview is a good grilling and would be followed by a second interview if successful.

Systems Design and Validation Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Filton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Filton, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

All the usual background information and competency questions in the initial application form.
    Found out several months later that I'd been invited for an assessment day - this was to consist of a group task with other applicants, a presentation, and an interview.
    The presentation topic was given in a separate email a couple of weeks after the initial assessment day invitation, the presentation was to be made and sent to MBDA within 2 weeks.

The interview day ran smoothly, all staff were friendly throughout. The group project involved a design related task with a short presentation of results after 45 minutes of preparation time. This whole task was observed by 4-5 assessors, they also questioned our design choices after the presentation.

Following the group work, we had to deliver our pre-planned presentations one at a time to the 4-5 assesors. The 10 minute presentation was then followed by 5 minutes of questions which related to the presentation and our ideas on related topics.

Following this we went for a lunch, paid for by MBDA in their cafeteria.
    After lunch we returned back to the assessment area and went to interviews, this was with 2 assessors.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MBDA - products / services / background etc.
      What are the issues you think surround our work - this was then led into possible issues regarding exports/markets/dealing with international customers.
      Why the specific role was applied for

The usual competency based questions:
      Give examples of... Teamwork, displaying integrity, dealing with a difficult person, had to meet a strict/tight deadline.

Relating experience in degree course to areas within the company
      CV based questions - picking up on past work and project experience
      Areas of my course I'd specifically enjoyed

The later part of the interview was more of an interesting chat and I was also given the opportunity to ask the assessors questions   1 Answer

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application, regular psychometric tests followed by an invitation to an assessment day. The day comprised of an introduction to the role and the company followed by the a group excercise. Tasked with outlining a business case to senior managers for a new product. 10 minute presentation on your project management experience. Interview in the afternoon 30-45 mins fairly straightforward questions not trying to trick you.

Staff were really helpful on the day, opportunity to meet graduates working there as well as a tour of the site.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Application process was online. Got invited to interview alongside other candidates where things like a company overview were given along with some other presentations. There was a group excersise and then individual interviews with 2 current employees.

Missile Test Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

This wasn't a graduate position so it was your standard three person interview board rather than a group interview. One interviewer was HR, one senior tech guy and the third seemed to be there to make up numbers. The whole process took over an hour and was a pretty intense interview, containing the standard HR questions but then the two tech guys took over and grilled me on my engineering knowledge specific to the role.

This was extremely good interview experience due to the difficulty of the content and intense nature of questioning mainly from the senior tech guy. I found it slightly frustrating as the questions were worded pretty poorly in certain cases and could be interpreted in several ways. I would start answering and then have to be corrected - pretty infuriating to be honest.

For example the question: "How would you go about designing a piece of test equipment for a missile" could be answered a multitude of ways. I started by talking about deciding what we required from the missile to form a basis for testing however they stopped me short and actually wanted me to draw a missile on the whiteboard and state how each sub system would be tested. This is a typical example of how the interview went - me misconstruing their ambiquous questions and having to be led back on track.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a piece of test equipment in order to test a missile?   Answer Question
    • What are the ideal qualities you look for in a piece of test equipment?   Answer Question
    • What are the difficulties that you believe we face in todays market?   Answer Question
    • Who are our main competitors?   Answer Question

Placement (12 Months) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Completed some online assessments, was then invited to an assessment day in Bristol.

The day consisted of a group task, requiring us to work together to solve a problem. We then gave a small 10 minute presentation to some senior members of the department followed by a 2-on-1 competency based interview with a series of technical questions to test your knowledge, not difficult at all they just want to see if you know the basics.

The competency part was like most other interviews, use context to back up your attributes.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest failure?
      Another was about describing a time you had to deal with someone difficult and if it annoyed you.   1 Answer

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MBDA (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial application forms fairly standard, list of skills and behavioural questions. Following this online numerical and language tests - again fairly standard. Was told I could be called for an assessment day, but I wasn't. HR seemed to be a nice though, but I feel they missed out on an opportunity to hire me.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MBDA (Stevenage, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application forms and testing. Invitation to assessment day. Comprises of three tasks: group task, presentation on a subject emailed to you two weeks prior and a 2:1 interview. Technical questions broad but not overly difficult, make sure to have plenty of answers for competency style questions, particularly team work associated.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement and what barriers did you overcome to achieve this?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MBDA (Bristol, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Online application/tests, followed by assessment centre. Online application simple enough (usual filling in of forms etc), similarly simple with the test. Assessment centre involved a group task with the other interviewees, a presentation to some employees, and a 2 to 1 interview. A brief summary of the possible job was also given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple - job offer given the day after the interview.