MBI Assistant Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MBI Assistant Product Manager Interview Questions

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MBI.

Interview

Skype interview with a woman from HR. Asked me basic behavioral questions about resume. Then she turned it over to me and I asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MBI

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MBI.

Interview

Very brief interview about my experience and background. Interviewer only asked 4 or 5 questions, nothing out of the blue. Started off talking about my last job experience and then more about what I am looking for in a job and why MBI. After about fifteen to twenty minutes of questions the interviewer let me ask questions so I spent another fifteen minutes asking about the role and what I would be doing.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MBI in November 2016.

Interview

First of all, I just want to say that I have no idea what those who had a bad experience are talking about-- I had a wonderful experience from start to finish!

The first round was on campus with one product manager that was very informal. It felt very much like a conversation where we talked about what we're interested in, she told me more about the company and her experience, and asked me about my goals. I found out the next day that I was invited for final rounds up in their office.

The final round was long but very enjoyable. It started with a quick conversation with HR where I talked about myself a little more (very basic questions) and he told me about the day. He really emphasized that he wants the day to feel two-way in that they would be assessing me, but they want to provide me all the information I need to properly assess them. I then was brought to a junior HR employee who asked me more creative questions (recommend your favorite book to me, what do you do in your free time, etc). I then took an assessment that was basic verbal logic and math-- really easy, just short time constraints.

Then I had two interviews with very senior members, a lunch with new employees, and then two more interviews with other senior members (all were one-on-one). They were all very relaxed, back and forth interviews where they mostly asked general questions about myself. Lunch was completely informal and totally off the books. At the end of the interviews, I had one last meeting with the girl I interviewed with on campus just to review the day and next steps. I found out a few days later I got the offer (and the salary/signing bonus is awesome). Overall, a wonderful experience that felt very natural and provided a great feel for the role and company.

Interview Questions

• What are your personal goals? What was something about your last boss you didn't like? What's something about you that makes people not like working with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MBI (Norwalk, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interview process. It began with an interview on campus, and then the second round consisted of going to Norwalk to interview. The day involved 4 interviews (mostly behavioral, but with questions regarding marketing) and standardized testing, which was not difficult. Each interviewer had a different style (some were responsive and positively engaged, whereas others were less conversational with harder-hitting questions).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MBI (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very basic behavioral, first-round interview. The interviewer's goal seemed to be to make sure that I really wanted the position. It wasn't difficult per se, rather it was interesting that he really emphasized that I might not want it. I'm not sure whether I really did, so that was rather challenging honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MBI (Norwalk, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy interview on campus with Alum and current employee. Mostly informal, informational, asks what you know about MBI, what you're interested in doing, why you think you can do this job. Second round is on site with 4 interviews with senior management and lunch with an associate. Not difficult, just long. Be prepared to be grilled by some of them - they don't necessarily want passion, but want someone who is going to follow their status quo and not challenge their antiquated business model, but at the same time is a workhorse.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MBI (Norwalk, CT) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college's career site and went through a 1:1 first round interview on campus. Easy questions, "why MBI?" "why marketing?" etc.

I then got called back for a second round super-day at their Norwalk office. Up to this point, I was very excited about the position, but that quickly changed after going through the second-round interviews.

You begin by meeting with MBI's HR manager, who was very nice and prepares you for the day ahead. You then go through a series of 8 30-minute 1:1 interviews. While about 2-3 of the interviewers were pleasant and friendly, the others were aggressively rude and insulting. One interviewer belittled me when I said that I hoped to get an MBA one day by responding that it was a worthless degree. Clearly they want to hear that you will spend the rest of your career working at this place and never leave--even to get a graduate degree (indeed, many of their current employees have been with the company for 30+ years). Another interviewer interrogated me as to why I was not pursing finance or consulting, despite the fact that I have no interest or experience in those fields, and then derided me as "lazy" when I explained that I did not like the 100+ hour work-week culture that comes with finance and consulting. This are just two examples--the entire day consisted of interviews that proceeded in a similar fashion. It was a bizarre, baffling experience that left me with no respect for this company.

During the super-day, you also go through a timed math test (which really only tests your ability to use a calculator) and a "reading comprehension" test. The reading test is actually a series of analogies ("blank is to blank, as blank is to blank") that looks like it has been pulled from a 1970s elementary school classroom and tests your knowledge of obscure facts, including the capitols of Nordic countries, minor Civil War generals, and the names of woodworking tools. The test has absolutely no relevance to the position (or to reading comprehension for that matter), and frankly is a waste of everyone's time. You also complete a marketing test, where you analyze the difference between two print advertisements.

I cannot urge future applicants enough to stay away from MBI. It is obvious that they have little respect for their applicants and their interview process was very reflective of that.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Interview

College recruiting. First round on campus, 30 minutes general questions - your background, why the firm, why product management. Three weaknesses. Then a full day at the office - about 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is something you think people underestimate about you from just seeing you   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MBI.

Interview

I did the first round interview on my college campus with a person who had been working there for a little over two years. It was a simple interview with questions like "Why MBI?" and "Tell me about (this experience) on your resume" or "Tell me more about yourself." The interviewer also took the time to explain what MBI does. Two days later, I was notified via email to come in for a second round interview.

The second and final round interview took place in Norwalk, CT and took a little over 5.5 hours. I interviewed with four people who ranged from Vice Principals to Program Managers. They mostly asked me the same questions as the first round, just getting to know me and my experiences. I got some questions like "Would you say you have stronger quantitative or qualitative skills?" and "Tell me one challenge you had (doing this experience) and how you resolved it." I also went to lunch with two people who are Assistant Product Managers who joined within the past year, and that was not an interview, they explicitly told me they did not have input on the hiring decision. Before lunch, I took a verbal reasoning test and a math test. The former was a little outdated but not necessarily difficult; the latter was very simple and a calculator was provided. There was also a 30 minute marketing analysis exercise that was not complicated.

Received offer.

Interview Questions

• What are three things about you that I cannot find on this resume?   Answer Question
    • What are three positive characteristics that you do not have?   Answer Question

Assistant Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MBI.

Interview

Applied through university online career portal and was invite through campus recruiting for the first round interview that was conducted locally. It was a strictly behavioral interview and allowed for many opportunities for conversations and questions. Interviewer was very nice and helpful. Was told that I would be informed within 2 weeks if I made it to the next round of interviews but got a reply a day after.