MC Sports Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MC Sports (Columbia, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then received an email to set up a quick phone interview. After the phone interview, we set up a time for me to visit the store and fill out paperwork. Although it was somewhat chaotic, the store had a laid-back environment. Managers were friendly and helpful, although lacked some professional manners.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MC Sports (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty laid back, very friendly and not intimidating at all. The interviewer was very informative about the job and the questions were very easy to answer and never felt like I was put on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a positive team member here at MC Sports   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MC Sports (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. Had a brief phone conversation with store manager to schedule the interview. Went in a few weeks later to meet the store manager. The Store manager brought me into the office and explained the process, while doing so, he stated that questions were a joke and pointless. Answered them and interview lasted about 20 min. Store manager asked personal questions that probably gave him a better idea of whether or not he wanted to hire me than the prepared questions from HR.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when there was conflict. How did you resolve that conflict?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Answer Question

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MC Sports (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Very strange from any interview I've ever experienced. They had a sheet of specific questions that the store manager was required to ask, and she was even saying that they were a joke as she was going through. I was offered the job a couple of hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They only pay you so much, and that's that. They were not willing to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Peru, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MC Sports (Peru, IL).

Interview

Store was/is constantly taking applications, but if you got/get an interview chances were/are high you'd be hired. One on one interview with the store manager. It's an average interview, as they hire mostly students the main concern is about availability especially for truck days.

Footwear Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MC Sports (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

In-Person Interview lasting about 25-30 minutes with the senior store manager. Because it was a sales positions, I was asked about whether or not I've ever stolen something, how I would handle a situation in which I thought I noticed someone trying to steal something, and how I would handle a difficult customer situation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a customer seemed as though they were trying to steal something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marquette, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MC Sports (Marquette, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. I was a little under-dressed for the interview, but was able to make it up with a good performance. The manager there is a really cool guy once you get to know him, but he's kind of intimidating at first in a business-type way.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MC Sports (Columbia, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

Filled out an application in-store and dropped off a resume. I received a call back about a week later to set up an in-store interview. The interview process was laid back and fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult or upset customer. Explain what you did to resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MC Sports (Lapeer, MI) in August 2009.

Interview

Took application in, received phone call that day.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a customer demands to return an item not bought at your store, or your chain at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MC Sports (Traverse City, MI) in January 2008.

Interview

Very straight forward. Your basic behavioral questions and some questions pertaining to the products in the department I was applying for. The interview was conducted by the Store Manager and the job was then offered on the spot at the conclusion of the interview. The overall interview was very laid back business casual attire was more than appropriate.