MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

124 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted Application. Recruiter emailed about a week later to set-up screening interview. After screening interview recruiter forwarded my info to hiring manager. Hiring manager took about a week to contact (I did have to contact the recruiter again to make sure she sent my info over). Interview was at MD with 4 people.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was pretty cool and smooth; the atmosphere was friendly. I was invited for a second interview after the first one to meet with the faculty advisor which was also an easy session.

Interview Questions

• Who are you in the next 5 years and 10 years?   1 Answer

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Different. Panel interview for management positions. This position was interviewed by the entire team, but in groups of 2. Interview took around 2 hours. Came a little overdressed for the interview. Business casual is the theme around the hospital.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Situational and scenario questions. Really focused on how you work with a team. Very positive experience. Panel seemed very interested in what I had to say and were very respectful when asking and allowing me to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient?   Answer Question

Physics Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled over email. The interview took about an hour, and I had the pleasure of talking with the physics folks, both supervisors and potential coworkers. I really appreciated how honest they were, and they really had a genuine interest in getting to know me as a person.

They then reached out to me for a Skype interview. I accepted a different offer, so I did not accept the interview but I would highly recommend MD Anderson based on my experience. Very pleasant, helpful, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to solve an ambiguous problem at work.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, received a call for an interview a month later after the application. Got an offer a week after the interview through email and called in to get drug screened.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a panel interview of various department managers. First observation was how pleasant the environment of the interview compared to my previous interview with another company. The conference room was beautiful, as is the rest of the building, and provided a great deal if natural lighting in the room. The interviewers were very pleasant and approachable and even showed humor to break the ice a little bit. It was an excellent experience. Probably the best panel interview I've been through, so far.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you've found you have made a mistake?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've found yourself unable to work with another person.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

Interview

I applied online and HR called me 2month later. There were 3 RPh and all of them asked me questions. Mainly my experience and background. It was about 30min long. Interview was at the bertner rd building. After the interview, hr had a briefing about benefits pkg. 2wks later i got an job offer but turn it down due to the shift

Research Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Called for an interview by HR person and scheduled over the phone to meet the hiring manager. Arrived in HR and took a shuttle to the department's office. Interviewed by the hiring manager and 2 potential co-workers. They were very impressed with my CV. Called back for a second interview about 2-3 weeks later and interviewed with the boss's boss and the section's leader. Learned that I was now being considered for a higher position and waited an additional month before a third interview where I met 2 more people that I would be working along side and being trained by. At the end of the process... A very long process, there was a job offer. Total time from invitation for first interview to job offer was about 2.5 - 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in your current job that will help you in this job?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that would keep you from accepting an offer for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer extended. Counter proposal submitted the following day. Counter to the counter proposal the following afternoon. Offer accepted same day.

Student Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school, and after a week or two I got a called to schedule an interview. I went to the interview fully prepared. there was lot questions,and be willing to answer every thing and relate them to previous work experience as much as you can. After couple of days they offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you took the initiative without anyone telling you.   Answer Question