MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.8

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Different. Panel interview for management positions. This position was interviewed by the entire team, but in groups of 2. Interview took around 2 hours. Came a little overdressed for the interview. Business casual is the theme around the hospital.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Situational and scenario questions. Really focused on how you work with a team. Very positive experience. Panel seemed very interested in what I had to say and were very respectful when asking and allowing me to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, received a call for an interview a month later after the application. Got an offer a week after the interview through email and called in to get drug screened.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a panel interview of various department managers. First observation was how pleasant the environment of the interview compared to my previous interview with another company. The conference room was beautiful, as is the rest of the building, and provided a great deal if natural lighting in the room. The interviewers were very pleasant and approachable and even showed humor to break the ice a little bit. It was an excellent experience. Probably the best panel interview I've been through, so far.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when you've found you have made a mistake?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you've found yourself unable to work with another person.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and HR called me 2month later. There were 3 RPh and all of them asked me questions. Mainly my experience and background. It was about 30min long. Interview was at the bertner rd building. After the interview, hr had a briefing about benefits pkg. 2wks later i got an job offer but turn it down due to the shift

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Do an online application and then receive a call from HR. Accept the group interview session where you will be questioned by you potential peers. Accept job offer if you passed the second interview.

Research Quality Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Called for an interview by HR person and scheduled over the phone to meet the hiring manager. Arrived in HR and took a shuttle to the department's office. Interviewed by the hiring manager and 2 potential co-workers. They were very impressed with my CV. Called back for a second interview about 2-3 weeks later and interviewed with the boss's boss and the section's leader. Learned that I was now being considered for a higher position and waited an additional month before a third interview where I met 2 more people that I would be working along side and being trained by. At the end of the process... A very long process, there was a job offer. Total time from invitation for first interview to job offer was about 2.5 - 3 months.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals?   Answer Question
    • What have you done in your current job that will help you in this job?   Answer Question
    • What is one thing that would keep you from accepting an offer for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer extended. Counter proposal submitted the following day. Counter to the counter proposal the following afternoon. Offer accepted same day.

Student Extern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school, and after a week or two I got a called to schedule an interview. I went to the interview fully prepared. there was lot questions,and be willing to answer every thing and relate them to previous work experience as much as you can. After couple of days they offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you took the initiative without anyone telling you.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I want to clarify that I applied for the graduate nurse residency program with MDA. After closing the application online, they called within three days of submitting to do a pre-screening phone interview. They seemed to call people in waves as other classmates of mine were not contacted to schedule an interview for five more days. At the end of that initial phone call with pre-screening questions, the lady told me that they would like to schedule an in-person interview for the following week. They did not offer all applicants this in-person interview - a friend of mine did not get offered one. It was a panel interview with three individuals in similar departments. It was relatively laid back and they wrote down many of my answers to questions. I had prepared answers to many interview questions that I had looked up on websites like allnurses(dot)com.

Interview Questions

• What are three important customer service skills you have and can you tell us about a time that you implemented one of them?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume for consideration and was called back rather quickly by the human resource department to schedule an in person interview the following week. The following week, I met with the hiring manager and a few members of the team. Questions asked where the standard questions someone with a background in IT should expect. They seem to use the STAR format in interviewing candidates.

Was told the hiring process was going to take about a month, before they would schedule to select the final candidates that would be meeting with upper management. From there they would be making a hiring decision. It's been about a month and I never heard back from HR.

Normally I would had wrote a company off for lack of no response, however this is a major company in the Houston area with tons of staffing needs. I'll update if I ever hear back for those of you that are in the same situation.

Interview Questions

• Know your background on the institution, and their mission statement. Focus on customer service, and be yourself in the interview and you will be just fine.   Answer Question