MD Anderson Cancer Center Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

139 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview was in two parts: first I had to meet with human resources recruiter, then I got onto a shuttle and went to a completely different building to meet with my department for the interview. Frankly, it was a little bit overwhelming. The recruiter had a copy of my resume that was not updated, even though I was 100% certain that I had uploaded the correct resume. Anyway, I asked for a salary that was pretty reasonable for the position, and she kept insisting that it was way too much. The recruiter put a bunch of red lines to my resume, And all in all, she was pretty intimidating. Then I went off to the department with which I was interviewing. In general, they were pretty friendly, although they kept me waiting for a long time. The interview felt more like a conversation, but as there were many candidates, the hiring manager and the primary investigator kept it pretty brief

Interview Questions

• What are your future academic goals?   1 Answer

Senior Research Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

This will vary widely based on your prospective boss, but for me:

1) Interviewed initially with one PI and guy whose job I was taking over
    2) Interviewed with two more co-PIs and lab manager

Interviews were relaxed and conversational; no "What's your greatest weakness?" or "How many golf balls would fit in this room?" nonsense. The idea seemed to be making sure I was easy to get along with after already having vetted my resume.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

The initial process involved a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with three hiring personnel. The interview itself was relatively formal but only lasted about 15-20 minutes. The panel wanted specific incidents for each of your questions, so I'd recommend to have some pre-prepared scenarios on your mind.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you dealt with a difficult patient and how you responded to them.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to the position online and had an in-person interview at MD Anderson (Houston, TX). We sat in an empty cafeteria room with no disruptions. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a coworker set back your project deliberately?   Answer Question

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Submitted Application. Recruiter emailed about a week later to set-up screening interview. After screening interview recruiter forwarded my info to hiring manager. Hiring manager took about a week to contact (I did have to contact the recruiter again to make sure she sent my info over). Interview was at MD with 4 people.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The entire process was pretty cool and smooth; the atmosphere was friendly. I was invited for a second interview after the first one to meet with the faculty advisor which was also an easy session.

Interview Questions

• Who are you in the next 5 years and 10 years?   1 Answer

Educational Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Different. Panel interview for management positions. This position was interviewed by the entire team, but in groups of 2. Interview took around 2 hours. Came a little overdressed for the interview. Business casual is the theme around the hospital.

Graduate Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Situational and scenario questions. Really focused on how you work with a team. Very positive experience. Panel seemed very interested in what I had to say and were very respectful when asking and allowing me to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient?   Answer Question

Physics Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was scheduled over email. The interview took about an hour, and I had the pleasure of talking with the physics folks, both supervisors and potential coworkers. I really appreciated how honest they were, and they really had a genuine interest in getting to know me as a person.

They then reached out to me for a Skype interview. I accepted a different offer, so I did not accept the interview but I would highly recommend MD Anderson based on my experience. Very pleasant, helpful, and professional.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to solve an ambiguous problem at work.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX).

Interview

Apply online, received a call for an interview a month later after the application. Got an offer a week after the interview through email and called in to get drug screened.