MD Anderson Cancer Center Statistical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MD Anderson Cancer Center Statistical Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

A full day - 30 minutes sessions with various team leaders, senior analysts, department chair, and program director. I also had lunch, which was more casual, with a couple of analysts. The day started with HR in a separate building. After I accepted the offer I had a drug test, and not one but two tuberculosis tests. As an employee you are highly encouraged to get a flu shot, but this is not required since the department is separate from patient care areas. The on-site flu-shot clinic is stunningly efficient - gone in 60 seconds and a free lollipop.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

hiring manager was checking my experience

Interview Questions

• they checked my previous experience. It seems I was the good fit.   1 Answer

Negotiation

offer 60k salary, I was negotiating and asked for 65K. But the hiring manager just increased the offer to 61K.

Senior Statistical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

PHD candidates are invited to make a presentation around one hour and then talk with different faculties as well as principal analyst.

Interview Questions

• Any interaction with biologist   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

on site, there are 5 different faculty members talking with you.first apply online, then get the interview. some faculty asked you theoretical questions, some ask you about your research projects. they regard the research part more.

Research - Statistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center (Houston, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Their in-house recruiter called me after I applied on-line. She was pleasant, confirmed a couple of items and asked a few questions, said I looked like a strong candidate then said they'd forward it to the department that would do the hiring. She didn't really ask about my skills for the job per se (it's a specialized field and she wouldn't know what to ask, being the general recruiter). Heard absolutely NOTHING from them since (2+ months ago). I don't know if they hired someone else, decided not to hire me, are still deciding, had budget cuts and can't hire, or what. No idea how far they went to check references, etc. either. No contact at all after them saying I looked like a strong candidate. It's very time-consuming to enter all employment history and details on-line and then frustrating to hear nothing!

Interview Questions

• "Why did you leave your previous job?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in August 2010.

Interview

it is very professional. It takes one day. Almost everybody in the department has a short talk with me. The lunch is with post docs.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MD Anderson Cancer Center in February 2008.

Interview

talked with different faculty members