MDA Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. First with a recruiter who asked me about myself and told me about the interviewing process. Then a technical one with a software engineer- he asked me over the phone about my work history and then just gave me examples of different scenarios and how I would address them

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the company, and how much I knew   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview with standard interview questions and some about threading. This was followed up by a 3 hour in house interview which consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews with the team. Interview questions were again very standard questions involving sorting and classes and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Perform a transformation to an image that is too large to fit in memory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. The phone interview was set up by a recruiter who called and asked if I was interested. The phone interview was with two people. Then the in-person interview was with several people, all were just trying to find out my skill set to see if it aligned with the job position. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• No trick question, just got to know me and I got to know about the company   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MDA Corporation.

Interview

It was pretty relaxed; only discussed the previous projects I worked on (both academic and personal). They also asked if I had any knowledge or interest about the space industry in general.

Interview Questions

• Talk about how you implemented the security authorization in your last project.   Answer Question

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Overall, this was a very upsetting and unprofessional experience.

After a phone screening with HR, they invited me for an in-house interview which lasted 3 hours. I had a panel of 3 interviewers. They will analyze your basic understanding of C++ or Java.

They ask about your projects and question the choices you made in them. I typically have no problem with this. However, the panel of interviewers were very unprofessional. When I asked what were some improvements they could suggest the answer one of the panelists gave me was "It's too late now".

Interview Questions

• Given object oriented code: what are some issues/ problems / improvements you can find in this?   1 Answer
    • I was shown a function declaration and ask how I would test it.   1 Answer

Land Administration Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Contracted indirectly through my co-op program. First half of the interview was with a manager and a project head. They asked questions about stuff on my resume, and then there was a coding test.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between OOP and procedural programming?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

Pretty lengthy. They asked a lot of behavioural based interview questions and situational questions. They asked why MDA among others, so candidates need to know something about them that's not in their website!

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation.

Interview

A hr staff emailed me first and scheduled a phone interview. Interview weng ok untill I was asked about expected salary. I said about lower 3 digits. He asked if it is negotiable, and when heared a negative response, he wrapped up the interview. No furthure interviw was scheduled.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

interview took place at MDA. It was arranged by the telephone. It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. very basic question about design and some of the future development.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Not very technical. Most of the time, if not all, spent going over the resume. Make sure everything on the resume is correct. It seems to be very important to everyone on the interview team. The place seems a bit pretentious. To the point that people appear to wear eye glasses to look "smarter". I am sure the successful at what they do, but start-up environment they are not.