MDA Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. First with a recruiter who asked me about myself and told me about the interviewing process. Then a technical one with a software engineer- he asked me over the phone about my work history and then just gave me examples of different scenarios and how I would address them

Interview Questions

• They asked me about the company, and how much I knew   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Interview

Started with a phone interview with standard interview questions and some about threading. This was followed up by a 3 hour in house interview which consisted of multiple 30 minute interviews with the team. Interview questions were again very standard questions involving sorting and classes and inheritance.

Interview Questions

• Perform a transformation to an image that is too large to fit in memory.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ypsilanti, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Ypsilanti, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interview. The phone interview was set up by a recruiter who called and asked if I was interested. The phone interview was with two people. Then the in-person interview was with several people, all were just trying to find out my skill set to see if it aligned with the job position. No trick questions.

Interview Questions

• No trick question, just got to know me and I got to know about the company   Answer Question

Land Administration Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Contracted indirectly through my co-op program. First half of the interview was with a manager and a project head. They asked questions about stuff on my resume, and then there was a coding test.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between OOP and procedural programming?   Answer Question

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation.

Interview

A hr staff emailed me first and scheduled a phone interview. Interview weng ok untill I was asked about expected salary. I said about lower 3 digits. He asked if it is negotiable, and when heared a negative response, he wrapped up the interview. No furthure interviw was scheduled.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

interview took place at MDA. It was arranged by the telephone. It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. very basic question about design and some of the future development.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Not very technical. Most of the time, if not all, spent going over the resume. Make sure everything on the resume is correct. It seems to be very important to everyone on the interview team. The place seems a bit pretentious. To the point that people appear to wear eye glasses to look "smarter". I am sure the successful at what they do, but start-up environment they are not.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Walked in to the office, had to sign a sign in sheet. HR Lady was nice and offered refreshments. Interview took place in conference room with 2 other engineers. Was a very friendly interview, asking questions based on resume. Was a very friendly interview, but it wasn't by the book, no mention of salary and no mention of when they will contact back.

Interview Questions

• List your strongest to weakest program languages?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

HR called 2 months ago asking security clearance questions like how long have you been working in Canada. What's my expected salary range. Reply with low six figure and HR disappeared, so I didn't take them seriously. Then I got a call a month ago and were told the software architect position were taken by an internal candidate and see if I would be ok with a Sr Software Engineer role. It's a step down and were told high five figure was a stretch and see what they can do.

I agreed to an interview just to see what kinds of cool projects they have. Interview went smoothly with lots of questions regarding past experience. The engineering team members appeared to be quite organized with a set of prepared questions. A whiteboard problem solving session with one of the hiring manager to simulate working together to solve a problem. Much better than regular coding or syntax questions.

HR called and said they were ready to make an offer. This is where the fun began. Surprise, surprise, it's a low ball "Back to the Future" offer. I was told in order to "speed up" the process, they need 2 references for quick question. I provided 3 for completeness (a 360 view) Big mistakes. I was both surprised and embarrassed to hear that they were being asked in-depth behavioural questions. I am grateful for the help from my old collages. HR left voice mail and asked me to call back over the weekend. After 4 calls going directly into the voice mail and another call to the office to the voice mail. I felt something sketch was going on. A little Google-Fu indicated that the architect position was repeatedly re-post for more than 6 months. And it's re-posted again. It turned out to be a "bait and switch" posting which is commonly used by HR agency. It made me wonder about the ethnic and professionalism of the organization. HR finally called back after 5 day asking for 2 extra references. At this point, I can pretty much conclude that they were just dragging it on waiting for the lowest bidder. While I was a little upset but I was glad I got a feel of the organization before investing time in the company.

One good thing coming from this experience was that I managed to re-connect with a lot of past connections. It opened up many opportunities along the way.

Control Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Very unorganized process. Biased. Questions were irrelevant to the position. The company culture seemed mediocre. Requested a background check before even inviting for an interview. Seemed backwards. You get yourself checked once you get the job, not vice versa.