MDA Corporation Interview Questions in Vancouver, BC | Glassdoor

2.5

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Overall, this was a very upsetting and unprofessional experience.

After a phone screening with HR, they invited me for an in-house interview which lasted 3 hours. I had a panel of 3 interviewers. They will analyze your basic understanding of C++ or Java.

They ask about your projects and question the choices you made in them. I typically have no problem with this. However, the panel of interviewers were very unprofessional. When I asked what were some improvements they could suggest the answer one of the panelists gave me was "It's too late now".

Interview Questions

• Given object oriented code: what are some issues/ problems / improvements you can find in this?   1 Answer
    • I was shown a function declaration and ask how I would test it.   1 Answer

Land Administration Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Contracted indirectly through my co-op program. First half of the interview was with a manager and a project head. They asked questions about stuff on my resume, and then there was a coding test.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between OOP and procedural programming?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Not very technical. Most of the time, if not all, spent going over the resume. Make sure everything on the resume is correct. It seems to be very important to everyone on the interview team. The place seems a bit pretentious. To the point that people appear to wear eye glasses to look "smarter". I am sure the successful at what they do, but start-up environment they are not.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

HR called 2 months ago asking security clearance questions like how long have you been working in Canada. What's my expected salary range. Reply with low six figure and HR disappeared, so I didn't take them seriously. Then I got a call a month ago and were told the software architect position were taken by an internal candidate and see if I would be ok with a Sr Software Engineer role. It's a step down and were told high five figure was a stretch and see what they can do.

I agreed to an interview just to see what kinds of cool projects they have. Interview went smoothly with lots of questions regarding past experience. The engineering team members appeared to be quite organized with a set of prepared questions. A whiteboard problem solving session with one of the hiring manager to simulate working together to solve a problem. Much better than regular coding or syntax questions.

HR called and said they were ready to make an offer. This is where the fun began. Surprise, surprise, it's a low ball "Back to the Future" offer. I was told in order to "speed up" the process, they need 2 references for quick question. I provided 3 for completeness (a 360 view) Big mistakes. I was both surprised and embarrassed to hear that they were being asked in-depth behavioural questions. I am grateful for the help from my old collages. HR left voice mail and asked me to call back over the weekend. After 4 calls going directly into the voice mail and another call to the office to the voice mail. I felt something sketch was going on. A little Google-Fu indicated that the architect position was repeatedly re-post for more than 6 months. And it's re-posted again. It turned out to be a "bait and switch" posting which is commonly used by HR agency. It made me wonder about the ethnic and professionalism of the organization. HR finally called back after 5 day asking for 2 extra references. At this point, I can pretty much conclude that they were just dragging it on waiting for the lowest bidder. While I was a little upset but I was glad I got a feel of the organization before investing time in the company.

One good thing coming from this experience was that I managed to re-connect with a lot of past connections. It opened up many opportunities along the way.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The first thing they wanted to discuss were my salary expectations. After some discussion it was clear that the top end of their salary range was far below the average salary in Canada for a position of this type in this industry. On top of this, Vancouver has the highest real estate prices in Canada. When it became clear that there was no flexibility on salary I indicated that I would be pursuing other opportunities, and terminated the interview.

Junior Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

One phone interview with HR for ~1 hr. Very basic HR questions and some technical questions from my resume. Next day a 2 hr technical interview with written C/C++ test, and a second 1/2 hr HR/manager interview after the technical interview

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

It took 1 hour and 15 mins overall. In the first part I was interviewed by two technical persons from the team i would be working with. They mostly asked stuff on my resume, and also basic concepts of specific languages. The second part was with the HR, and took only 15 mins. Keep asking things off the resume and normal behavioral questions. The HR was really nice. The atmosphere encouraged you to say more.
    They did not accept me. The reason was I did not pass the security clearance, which requires candidates not having stayed outside Canada over six months in the past five years, while I just came here for study.

Junior Web Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers and both of them were very friendly. The interview began with the interviewers describing about the company and their roles in the company as well as the role that will be expected out of me. Then they looked over my resume and asked me to provide examples of some of the skills I put down and/or give more details on the projects that I've worked on.

The second part of the interview was with an HR representative. The HR asked me some basic behavior questions and my expected salary.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Three senior engineers interviewed me. One hour technical interview and half an hour HR interview. Asked about my courses, school projects, and work experience. Then they gave a piece of paper with 5 questions, all related to programming. Needed to know some java.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a stack and a heap   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MDA Corporation (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

An HR person showed me around the company before leading me to the interviewer. I was asked about past projects and experience, emphasis on role in group work. Technical portion was simply pointing out bugs/bad code in an excerpt of code in c++. Then HR person came back and asked questions about personality.

Interview Questions

• The last time you had a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question