MDRC Technical Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MDRC Technical Research Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at MDRC

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MDRC (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

First there was a 20 minute phone screen, then I went in for 4 interviews of about 30-40 minutes each. Interviews were very basic, talking about my past research projects and experiences with data managements, and general interest in the position. Questions were very general, and I am surprised how they are able to select candidates based on such questions. Most of the interviewers seemed generally uninterested in the interview process; one checked his watch every 5 minutes and had to cut our interview down to about 25 minutes - nothing very substantive came from it. In one interview, I was given a sample data sheet of student grades and and asked to "talk about it." It was very easy, but the interviewer asked a few leading questions based on information I did not have (example: when asked how I would check it for consistency, I answered in regards to the data sheet I had. The interviewer expected me check it for consistency in regards to other data reports.) In my interview with HR, I was told I would told I would get a very quick response (after I told them I had a pending offer elsewhere). I followed up with a phone call 2 days later, at which point they said I would hear back in 4 days. Never heard anything back, after 3 different emails and 2 voicemails. Finally, a month after my interview I received a call about my candidacy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MDRC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MDRC (Oakland, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Asked about previous research experience, if I have ever created variables, entered data, and cleaned data. Much of the emphasis of the interview was exploring how much experience I have had cleaning data on SAS. The Interviewee asked if I would be OK with sitting on SAS data mining and cleaning data for 80%-90% of the time.

Technical Research Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a month. I first conducted a basic phone screen interview, and then they paid for me to come to New York to interview in person. The in-person interview process was a couple of hours. Despite the fact that they paid for me to travel for the interview out of the four interview panels only 2 were conducted in person, the other two were over skype which was slightly uncomfortable.