MEC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MEC (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Overall, the interview process was long and drawn and the employer eventually neglected to respond to emails about the status of an interview. While the company did seem like a cool and progressive place to work, the lack of response to inquiries was disheartening and showed a lack of care about potential employees especially considering the time invested.

Interview Questions

• One question in the interview was why I was seeking a position here and leaving my current agency.   Answer Question

Digital Associate Interview

Interview

There was an interview panel. I was interviewed by four people, all individually. Each interviewer had a key topic to discuss, which was nice since each discussion wasn't a repeat of the one prior. I liked being able to speak to different people who were in different departments and on different accounts.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you over communicated? How did that go?   Answer Question

Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by an HR recruiter for a phone screening. Very basic questions about background information and experience. Then was invited to a phone conference interview, was interviewed by the Search team for a little less than an hour. Questions were about experience with search and what made it interesting to you. Very standard and easy conversation. Team was very friendly, made it more conversational and relaxing than an uptight interview.

Assistant Print Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

An initial phone interview, and then you met the team at an onsite interview. You met them one at a time and depending on how big the team is, the interview might run a little long

Interview Questions

• Standard question on how your past experiences will help you fill the position. Also explain how good you are at organizational skills   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MEC.

Interview

Both of the people with whom I met were very nice, but I felt the whole process was quite rushed and that no one actually wanted to hear what I had to say or what I brought to the table. Perhaps it was a particularly busy day, but I didn't feel that they were curious about me at all.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I was good at scheduling.   1 Answer

Senior Finance/Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I would first like to say the office décor is amazing. The reception are is very retro bright and welcoming to say the least. My overall experience on my interview was one of warmth and hospitality. From the Human Resources onto the other three individuals I met with., everyone was attentive and interested in not just my resume and work experience but also interested in getting to know me as a person. Not many companies have that attentiveness. This looks like a place who supports their staff, is interested in pleasing the client and getting the work done. however respects the embraces the staff they work with closely. I would love the opportunity to work and grow with this agency.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work in a fast paced, moment notice environment?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MEC (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was super easy which explains why the job isnt aligned with what it actually entails. I think it was one with my director and one with the higher up senior director, they asked me if i had any buying experience and i said basically not a lot.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with digital, what do you like to do, basic things   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them I wanted 65k to 70k and because i didnt have buying experience they put me at 65k

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MEC.

Interview

It was very seamless from chatting with the recruiter to interviewing with my director. They were also very accommodating of my schedule as I was working at another agency at the time. They were much better to deal with than the other agency I interviewed for, which is most certainly part of the reason I was drawn to accept their offer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MEC.

Interview

1 phone screen with HR recruiter, and then 1 group call with several team members. No in-person or on-site interviews. Process moved quickly and everyone I spoke with was very genuine and enthusiastic! The first call with the recruiter was short and sweet, as we went over my resume and why I was interested in the position. At the end of that call, which went well, I was told that I was going to be set up to speak with the team I'd be working with. Spoke with them about a week later and everything went very well. People were very easy to talk to and interested in me!

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my resume, what my interests were, how I became interested in media.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MEC (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Received an email from the manager of the team expressing interest in recruiting me and did a quick 30 minute Skype interview with 4 of the managers of the team. Was asked about my resume, interest in working for the client's account, what you like to do for fun outside, how you manage stress and deadlines. Everyone was extremely friendly, got an offer 2 days afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What do you like to do for fun? How you handle strict deadlines? What do you like about this client's industry?   Answer Question