MECLABS Copy Editor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MECLABS Copy Editor Interview Questions

Interviews at MECLABS

2.5

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

A lot of hoops to go through, which I thought was strange considering they are always advertising for people to fill their jobs. There is like a four-stage interview process. The interviewers were pleasant, if not overly welcoming. I was on speaker phone during my first interview, and we lost connection at one point. Overall, it just didn't come across as a warm place to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MECLABS

Copy Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MECLABS.

Interview

Basically, I would reiterate would most people have said already. Overdone and generic interview questions such as "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer," and "tell me about a time where you failed to meet a deadline." Then they basically re-phrased these questions. I also had to do 2 phone interviews and a copy editing test before even getting into the office for a face to face. I felt very confident about my interview, and I usually get call-backs. However, they emailed me with a declination letter that proclaimed that while my skills were impressive, they felt I wouldn't "enjoy" the position...I was baffled they could make that determination. It appears to be a euphemistic way they like to decline applicants so they don't hurt feelings. Interviewers were young, naive and seemed bored. The only friendly/warm person was the receptionist. It doesn't even seem like a great place to work...it's just one of the only 10 copy editing positions in lame-o Jacksonville. Also, this was about 2 years ago...the position is still posted on Indeed...

Interview Questions