MECLABS Copywriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MECLABS

2.5

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Initially contacted by HR representative who knew little about the position itself. The HR rep knew I was a recent graduate, yet continued to ask me about "marketing strategies used in my last position". Naturally, I didn't have a lot to say. After the phone interview, they advanced me to the copywriting test which applicants have two days to complete. I finished in one and never heard back . Very poor follow-up.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a workplace conflict you've had and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MECLABS

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Their hiring process is a long one. First they have you complete a phone interview, then a skills test in your field. If you pass those two points you have a face-to-face meeting with them to determine if you'll be a culture fit for them and then they have you take a personality test. The last step (which I did not reach) is to meet with the actual hiring manager for the job you're being considered for.

Interview Questions

• None of their interview questions were difficult--they were 97% behavioral. If you're even moderately savvy you can answer them pretty easily. They said, "Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline" or "Tell me about a time when you made a mistake at work." They proceeded to re-phrase these questions and ask them multiple times. Kind of funny. They were also very focused on asking questions with negative undertones and seemed very preoccupied with failure and missing deadlines--left me chuckling to myself thinking they must either be a little "green" with their interviewing process or that they've had a lot of issues with people failing to meet deadlines.   Answer Question