MECLABS Database Administrator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Database Administrator

MECLABS Database Administrator Interview Questions

Interviews at MECLABS

1 Interview Review

Experience

Experience
0%
0%
100%

Getting an Interview

Getting an Interview
100%

Difficulty

2.0
Average

Difficulty

Hard
Average
Easy

Helpful (1)  

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
No Offer
Negative Experience
Easy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I did the initial phone screening with HR and setup an interview in their office. The interview was roughly 90% STAR/hypothetical type workplace questions and the other 10% being technical questions regarding the position. It was mutually agreed upon that this interview went well, and I was asked to take a personality test.

The test results were taking a little longer than usual to come back, so I was asked ahead of time to come in for an interview with the hiring manager and department manager. This was more of the same, almost all STAR/hypothetical questions with very few if any technical questions. I was asked to take a skills assessment at the end of this interview which was comprised of very entry level DBA questions and tasks. I did take assessment, and I'm quite certain there were no wrong answers.

Once the personality tests came back, there was some concern that the results of the personality test didn't 'match' what they had observed in person, so I retook the personality test. Same results. The issue with the results was that the results pointed to me being more of a leader as opposed to a follower, and more independent as opposed to needing constant management.

I should say that I agree with the results of the personality test. However, being a hiring manager myself, I don't see the results as being a reason not to hire, which is what I was told here. If anything, I see those traits as being very positive and a precursor for an employee that would be moving up the ladder in the workplace.

I should note that each interview was roughly two hours long, and in the middle of the day. I had to take time off from my employer at the time to attend these interviews. I found it a bit unprofessional to base a hiring model off a personality test that is given so late in the interview process. Had that test been given immediately following the HR pre-screening, we could have saved each other quite a bit of time; and me some PTO.

Interview Questions

  • Please give an example of a time you messed up/were wrong at your current job   1 Answer
Don't Miss Out On a Job You Love
Upload a resume to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.