MECLABS Market Intelligence Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MECLABS

1 Interview Review

Market Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Two months after I applied online I got a call asking my salary requirements. I said negotiable and asked for the range. No guidance given other than $80-90k was too high. I gave a range that I later saw via Glassdoor info was prob $20k too high, although I did get a phone interview. The second HR person thought I already knew there prob wasn't a Market Intelligence Analyst job open (she didn't even know). Those are usually promoted from within. They were looking for Research department people to get into their "pipeline." I mentioned in a nice way, I was looking for a job now and not to be in a pipleline. I asked the soonest I could hired, she said 6-8 weeks - noting it's a lengthy interview process (which I knew). I doubt it'd be sooner than 3 months. I asked when they'd make a decision if I move on and she said by Fri (2 days later). Two weeks later I got a thanks but no thanks email. I was kind of relieved because doing a PowerPoint preso about yourself for 15 min seems a little TMI. A preso about something you're interested in would be more appropriate to me. Also, the no match on the 401(k) is no great retirement plan, nor the medical ins w/high deductible.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about when you had to tell a person something they didn’t want to hear.
    2) What was the most complicated project you’ve ever worked on?
    3) How did you work with a difficult person?
    4) Tell me about a time when you took initiative and did something without being asked. What was it and how did it turn out?   Answer Question