MECLABS Reporter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MECLABS

1 Interview Review

Reporter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MECLABS (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Like many other reviews describe, the process was very long despite the middle of the road pay range offered along with their repeated desire to hire someone as soon as possible. It's not the time between steps but the amount of steps, seven or eight over two months. Some were understandable such as the writing test but others were repetitive, like the interviews that were nearly identical in questions. The three behavioral "tests" were also a bit excessive. They must be paying a full time salary in recruiting costs!

In the end I think there is an age discrimination issue as others have mentioned. I continued to get extremely positive feedback until the final questionnaire which asked for my date of birth. I almost didn't include it since I'd already had two in-person interviews and having read other reviews about their desire for 20 somethings but went against my instinct and did. The response was quicker than at any other point in the interview process. Within 2-3 days I received the standard "After careful deliberation, we have decided not to move you forward in the process." email without further explanation. Since the next step was being hired I highly suspect my age (just over 40) was the issue.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you missed a deadline?   1 Answer