MEDNAX Newborn Hearing Screener Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.3

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Newborn Hearing Screener Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MEDNAX in September 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview a few days after sending in app. Initial phone interview was short and sweet maybe two mins. In person interview was set up a few days later. Met at hospital cafe. Basic questions asked like background. What do you know about hearing screener position. What’s your experience with newborns. Describe a difficult situation and how’d you resolve it? Went over how wage is determined (by HR). Discussed how there is no end time to your day. It’s either you begin at 6 or 9 and you end when all the babies are screened. So it sounds difficult to have plans later. They did say this is part time casual so you may have zero to 20 hrs a week. But no guarantees to anything. Also no benefits. I guess getting days off is doable if ppl trade or cover you if you didn’t ask off in advance. Overall easy interview. Nice and friendly and eager to get the on boarding process started.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MEDNAX

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Turnersville, NJ

Interview

Did not receive an interview. Two hours before my interview she called me and said, "I had to fill the position. I couldn't wait any longer." In my opinion it was very unprofessional and unfair.

Interview Questions

• On the phone, before scheduling the interview, I was asked, "Why was I interested in the position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Annapolis, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy and relaxed. Not very formal, just sat down and talked and answered basic questions. After she asked me a list of questions she would briefly write my answers down using a word or two.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an issue with a boss or co-worker, if so how did you handle it, if not, how would you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very quick and to the point. We sat at a table in the lobby of the maternity ward. It was a bit awkward and embarrassing but it wasn't up to me to have the interview there obviously.

Interview Questions

• Obviously sometimes babies fail all three of the tests we give them, would you be comfortable telling a mother her baby failed and needs to go to an audiologist?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MEDNAX (New Haven, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

It was very relaxed, laid back. It was conducted in the lobby of the hospital. I was informally offered a position and was told to wait for a call from HR, in the mean time to fax all my paper work. I got my vaccines, 2 step Ppd, my clearances and faxed my paper work before HR contacted me. It has been about 3 weeks. I called the interviewer to get some time line, I forgot there was a hurricane in Fla and was told that's what was holding the process up. It's been two weeks since that call and I have not heard a word from anyone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Columbia, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview took place in the hospital lobby, in a nice and casual setting. This face to face interview took place after a short phone interview to determine If the applicant meets the job requirement and the interviewers gave a little bit of info about what the job requires.

Interview Questions

• They asked how comfortable I was in making judgments about a situation when no one was available to help.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Dayton, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a simple one on one interview. The whole interview was actually pretty short and I got to ask plenty of my own questions. However the whole process took about a month or two to get hired. I had to apply with Mednax and the hospitals I was going to be working at.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Norman, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview went well. The woman who interviewed me was very personable and ended up being the coordinator (my boss) at my site. The time between the interview and beginning work seemed to take forever (about 2 months).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about newborn hearing tests?
      Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?
      How will you uphold our company's ideals?
      How have your previous jobs prepared you for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MEDNAX (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

I suppose they know the job is not a difficult one that requires a lot of medical experience because the interviewer was very relaxed. She told me all about the job & the interview questions focused more on common sense, availability, accountability. If you're a decent person with a good attitude & interest to learn, you'll do well.

Interview Questions

• What is a good reason to not come in to work?
      Are you comfortable handling newborns?   Answer Question

Only offered $10/hr & 15-29hrs/week. Great if I was a college student living at home but that income was not gonna be enough to support myself.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MEDNAX (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Received a phone call to discuss what I am looking for and if it matches with what they wanted. Setup interview for the following day. It was laid back and easy questions. Lasted about 15 minutes. Met at the hospital with the current supervisor. Business casual attire.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the Healthcare field before?   1 Answer