METRO Group (Germany) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2017

2.3

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)).

Interview

Very straight forward, two interviews lead first by HR and second by responsible manager that took place in the Metro HO. The costs for coming for the interview were covered.

Interview Questions

• all standard questions - go through CV, experience in project management, great successes, biggest failures, 3 weakest sides, 3 strongest sides, how did I solve conflicts, etc.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Interview

The interview process for Metro Systems was quite disappointing.

I was contacted by phone by Metro System for a software architect opening. In the phone call we established a meeting for an interview, a week later.
    HR person supposed to send me a mail for confirmation and all necessary details for the meeting.

This email was never sent. With 2 days before I called HR person and she admitted that she forgot about this. Eventually she sent that confirmation email for the interview, but for a another day as we established, a day before. Yet i attended the meeting since it was ok with my schedule.

At the meeting, she admitted, once more, that she messed up the date. Anyway, i had the interview. There were 3 guys and the HR lady. We had techincal discussion for more then 1 hour, maybe 1 hour and a half. The interview wen ok, discussion were very opened and topics interesting.

But my general impression was that they had no interest in finding a candidate, and the interview took place only because they had to participate. I don't know, maybe they already found a suitable candidate for them.

We discussed that I will be contacted by them for an answer, but once more, as I got used with that, I did not receive that answer neither today, many months later.

In conclusion, the interview experience with Metro Systems was very disappointing, they were totally unprofessional.

Category & Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in September 2014.

Interview

Online application was done online. Within 1 week I got invitation for a for an phone interview with manager. Interview with manager ~ 30 minutes. The whole process took around 4 weeks

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone screening about my availability to work in shift and briefly English conversation about myself.

Technical interview with specific questions about networking;
    Soft skills;
    About availability for working in shifts
    High competency to solve problems;
    Questions about past experience at other jobs
    Questions about education.
    Test about knowledge of English language

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I wasn`t place for negotiation.

Head of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2012.

Interview

First round was telephone screening - focusing on industry and functional knowledge
    Second round was more competency based with line manager and HR partner
    Third round was competence interview, test of capability, presentation of findings

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam)) in October 2010.

Interview

About the applied position, competition market, experiences in retail industry. Be confident when communicating and not thinking about the assessment from interviewer, like talk with peers on your experience. Bonus point 4 of 5

Interview Questions

• Why you decide to apply for this job?   1 Answer
    • How you feel your success in this time application?   7 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview with the Human Resources

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job   1 Answer

The salary was too poore

Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) in February 2017.

Interview

Das Vorstellungsgespräch war mit 2 Personen aus dem Fachbereich und einer Person aus HR. Zuerst hat HR sich vorgestellt und dann sind die 2 Fachleute haben sich vorgestellt. Letztlich habe ich mich vorgestellt. Danach wurden weitere Fragen gestellt. Am Ende wurde mir erklärt wie es weiter geht.

Personalreferent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany) (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in November 2016.

Interview

Ich wurde von einer Personalreferentin abgeholt am Empfang. Im ihrem Büro mussten wir dann noch kurz auf die Personalleitung warten. Dann begann das Gespräch mit folgendem Ablauf: Zunächst eine kurze Vorstellung der teilnehmenden Personen. Es folgte die Beschreibung der Organisation und der Abteilung anhand eines Organigramms. Danach erklärte die Personalleitung die Aufgaben, welche ich auszuführen hätte. Dann folgten Fragen zu meiner Person, meinem Lebenslauf und Erfahrungen. Zuletzt hatte ich die Möglichkeit Fragen zu stellen. Das Gespräch endete mit dem "Verbleib". Es wurde mitgeteilt, dass man sich innerhalb der nächsten Tage bei mir melden würde wegen einem zweiten Termin.

Interview Questions

• Welche Schulung würden Sie sich aussuchen, die Sie Ihrer Meinung nach noch benötigen für das Ausführen der Aufgaben?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at METRO Group (Germany).

Interview

Au telephone, première étape: RH motivationnelle
    Deuxième étape: manager avec qui j'ai travaillée, motivationelle sur mon parcours et contrôle de mon CV. Plutot facile parce que aucune niveau technique était requis. Seulement un bon niveau d'anglais et un intérêt pour le retail business et pour le dipartement de F&A.

Interview Questions

• Pourquoi Metro?
      Pourquoi Finance & Accounting?
      Pourquoi vouloir venir à Dusseldorf?
      Forces et faiblesses   Answer Question